We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

My sliceform turtle card

MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
edited March 16 in Your Masterpieces
I made this for my sister. I made the turtle partially with MTC and partially with Sketchup. It took a while. I am posting this with my phone so I hope my files attach. I took a picture that shows the turtle partially folded in the card

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,926
    edited March 16
    The pictures posted are so big, you only can see a small corner of them. Posting a smaller size would be better...Chrome doesn't fit to the browser space, but IE does if anyone is still using IE.
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
    I am using Chrome and I can see them, but they are very big.  I posted straight from my phone.  Is there a way to make them smaller on a cell phone?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,130
    I saw the entire picture on my Mac using Safari.  Yes, they are big, but Safari must fit to the browser space as well.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 678
    Your turtle is just great.  Like the way you added a "face" too.  I wish I could understand how you mount your slice forms; I still don't get that and have to hit or miss it.
    Member 30818
    @Charo,  the next time I put one in a card, I will take pictures of how it is mounted. It used to baffle me too.
    Thank you @Meow.  Leslie6111 sent me a very nice diagram of how the tabs are supposed to be on the mounting part but I still don't get how to judge exactly where the slits in the card base should be without just plain guessing.
    Member 30818
    edited March 18
    @Charo,  I just sit the sliceform in the middle of the card angled at about 45 degrees and just make a guess.  I put one tab in and then adjust the sliceform until it looks good and then I do the other slit.  I had heard that the slits should be cut parallel to the card fold, but the slits for this turtle are at about a 45 degree angle to the card fold, and it works.  I am not sure why.  Could you see my pictures okay?  Were they too large?
    @Meow for me your photos were perfect...they were the normal size most photos pop up in the Forum.  I was surprised after reading Liz's message.  Thanks for the info about tabbing; encouraging to note you make a guess too!
    Member 30818
  • astack229astack229 Member Posts: 876
    That is so darn cute!!! 

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,290
    Meow said:
      Could you see my pictures okay?  Were they too large?
    The picture loaded ok Firefox zoom out to 20%
    they took some time though as their file size is quite large being 1MB +   a general webpage photo would possibly a 1/4 of that file size or less

I wouldn't stress too much about it But

I think this would because you camera on you phone is set to very high quality
    they images are 5312 × 2988 pixels
    I think there would be settings on your phone to reduce the camera photo quality the problem then is that you have to remember to set it back when you which to take photo for other uses eg a family photo
    I think it always best to take photo in the highest quality possible as you can always reduce quality later but it impossible to increase quality as there detail is just not there

Depending on your phone there may be functions or free apps that allow you to create a lower quality copy of a high quality photo to send or upload

This link may explain things better the the info maybe a little dated
    https://itstillworks.com/reduce-picture-size-before-sending-iphone-37739.htm

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I wouldn't stress, but I would be concerned...the more large images that are uploaded to this forum, the more we risk that the monthly costs associated with keeping this forum live will go up, and eventually will get to a breaking point. I almost hold my breath when I click to come here, that the forum won't be here. How long would you pay a monthly charge for something you are totally not interested in, and has no gain for you?? This comes to mind:

Just some thoughts...
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,290
    I thought of the bandwidth aspect too but I'm thinking the forum bandwidth usage surely has markedly reduced due to there being less active users these days ?

I tend to have the same feeling each morning wondering if the forum still there
    a few week ago I got a page not found and I though that day had come :(
    But a few minutes later it was back ......phewww

I can remember Back in the days of Dial-up internet one would be scolded for uploading large images . Oh I don't miss the days when it could take several minutes for a page to load lol
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - I don't think bandwidth would be a factor either, like you said, a lower volume of traffic, so we should be good there.

I am not sure of the setup, I know they use go-daddy to host the website. On my hosted websites, I can load vanilla forums for free. If you were to get a hosting account at Vanilla Forums, it starts at about $600 a month. 

Dial-up...try dial-up and AOL. It would take about 20 minutes for it do updates. Every. single. time.
    edited March 19
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing and @Liz_A thank you for the information.  When I was uploading photos a couple of years ago, I always sent them to dropbox and then uploaded from there.  I uploaded these straight from my phone.  I have some photo editing aps on my phone, but I didn't think about it.  I am going to try to use them and see what it will do.  I also fear that this forum will disappear.   I have learned and continue to learn so much from this forum.  I would hope that we would get some kind of warning that the forum was being done away with if that were to happen.