We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

how are these wings attached?

MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
Could someone tell me how these wings are attached to this sliceform eagle so that the card closes flat?  Here is a link: 
https://www.paperpopcards.com/cards/detail/209/Eagle-PaperPop#slide2

Also a picture is attached.  I have been studying it and I just can't see it well enough to figure it out.   Thanks.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,320
    edited March 15
    The wing maybe one piece that crease in the middle which slots into the centre piece (with the head on it )
    as the card opens each winds just falls down to rest of the vertical piece either side of the centre
    although I'm not sure how reliably a creased card for unfold each time

So i suspect the the wings are separate pieces
    that slot into that centre piece that has the head on it
    and just fall down to rest on the next vertical pieces either side of that when the card open
    hope this dodgy diagram helps
    red/ in the piece with the head ,
    blue/ the pieces either side of that
    black and pink the wings
    note how the tabs are offset - I think those keyhole tab/slot might work for these

I watch a interview of Peter Dahmen  , an amazing paper artist, search youtube for video of his creations ,
    He said he often begins his creating with very basic prototypes of sections of the project cut out using scissors and basic shapes just to work out how the mechanism will operate and how the piece interact after that he moves on to using the actual shapes
    I think some of the pain we cause ourselves is wanting to jump from idea to finished product an few step all design on the screen

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing thank you.  I didn't think about them falling on the pieces next to the center.  I wondered how the did not just fall out straight.  That makes sense why they would be offset.