We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Roland blade holder shaking

ShezaraShezara Member Posts: 2
Hi Guys, 
Dhcick here, for some reason the forum isn't letting me log on with my facebook credentials..anyhow, recently, i noticed that when using my roland blade holder in my Max Air, the holder seems to be shaking left to right as its cutting. I tightened the carraige screw as much as i could, but it still happens. 
This is the holder i use 

Seems as though, the eclipse blade holder that I have, fits perfectly because of its size. Is there anything I can do to stop the roland from shaking. I prefer the roland over the eclipse bc i can vary the blade depth more accurately.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered!

Comments

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,485
    Do you happen to have another roland blade holder you could use to test if it is just this one, or if it happens with another blade holder.  That might tell you if it is the design of the blade holder or if there is something amiss with the machine's blade carriage.

Now that I think about it, if there is something out of whack with the carriage, the Eclipse blade holder would very likely also show that same behavior.  Does it?
  • ShezaraShezara Member Posts: 2
    I tried it with two different roland holders that I have. No shifting happens with the eclipse but I prefer the roland because I can adjust the blade depth more precisely 
    Did you have this issue with a new Roland blade holder?  Have you compared the diameter of both the roland and the eclipse blade holders, to see if they are the same?  Note, if you do not have a tool that will easily measure a diameter, you can wrap a piece of string around it a couple of times and mark where the string overlaps itself.  Then take the string off and cut it at the mark.  Do the same on the eclipse and then compare the length of the strings.  Of course, a dial caliper would be more accurate.  I got an inexpensive caliper from Harbor Freight.

So, basically, what I'm trying to discover, is what is the difference between the two blade holders, and also if this is a new problem with the roland blade holders.
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing, I believe you know the measurements for a Zing blade holder and one of the Roland blade holders available on eBay, that match the Zing blade holder, am I right? I haven't looked at my blade holder collection for a while, but I don't think I have the same one that Shezara is trying to use.