We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Texture and Boolean Join

CharoCharo Member Posts: 694
I have been working on a slice form ladybug and got all the slices in place.  Found ladybug texture on google, added it to the body.  Then made bug "head" colored black with an eye in it, so the "head" had a couple of textures to weld the white eye with black pupil to the head.  When I used Texture to add the head to the textured body the slices behind the head disappeared!  Boolean join took all the textures out.  So I guess you can only have one texture in place prior to using Boolean join for slices?
Sorry I don't have a file as I fixed the problem by making the head a glue-on.
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,351
    edited March 10
    Not quite sure I fully understand
    complete all the shape manipulations before create the textures

also create a slot in the head shape in the matching position
    then add then create textures on each

Shown separated here
    but you you do it with the shapes in there finial positions

then add then create textures on each

Then texture snapshot

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 694
    Oh.  @Crazy_Mr_Zing maybe my problem was because the head entirely overlaid the already-sliced and textured body.  Oh no I see my problem....just studied your examples again.  I did not create slices in the head, just the body, and then wanted them to translate to the head when I textured.  OK got it.  Thank you as always!
    Member 30818
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!