We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Is there a new plugin for the silhouette cameo 3? How can I use MTC with my silhouette cameo 3 without a plugin? Where's Andy? He used to be so helpful. He once worked on a problem with me online and on the phone for hours... for free! Help Andy!

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,128
    edited March 7
    Make the Cut has not being updated nor have any new plugins been created in many years
    So there is not a plugin for the Silhouette Cameo 3 
    There have been a few discussion on using the current plugin with the Cameo 3 to a limited extent. I think the main issue are a positioning offset and no control for 2nd tool holder
    I think the less troublesome options may be
    -Continue to use mtc export to svg then import that svg to one of the paid for upgraded versions of silhouette studio that allow svg import. Although I not sure some print and cut projects (that contain raster images) exported from MTC and svg would import to Sil Studio successfully

- Purchase Sure Cuts a lot which support the Cameo 3

Andy has not be active on the forum for quite some time His profile page show last login was January 2017 and Last Comment was April 2016. There has been no announcement . It appear for some reason he's made the decision to do other things
    Bryan still deals with support ticket issues and a few Diehards help out on the forum where required although there not a lot of activity here .
    I somewhat suspect that the day may come that this forum may be no more
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 670
    I have been feeling the same way, that the Forum will go away one of these days.  Has anyone thought of a way to somehow download all the wonderful files in the Gallery?
    Member 30818
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,747
    @Charo - I looked into that. You have to download each one individually. Can only get them enmasse if you have the Admin account password to the website.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,292
    We've given it some thought but at the moment have not come up with a solution - it would need some sort of agreement from the management people and a willingness to let one of us take on the burden of sharing.  Also it would be difficult to set up a search function like it is currently which is particularly special.  Maybe they could make it independent and let people pay to access it and so keep it as an ongoing function.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,747
    @Di-lite - I would not even go there on a "pay for it" option, that opens up a huge can of worms and potential COPYRIGHT issues, when you "sell" something you do not own. People did not put things in the Gallery for others to make a profit from, is my understanding of the intent of providing it, the understanding was that the contents are for personal use.