We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

can't get my shape closed

MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
edited March 2 in Help for Make The Cut
See my post below this one.  I think I figured out what I asked in the paragraph below, but now I have another problem. 

I decided I would try to trace a cute little baby feet 180 degree card that I found a template for on pinterest.  I didn't do a perfect job, but its okay.  I just can't seem to get my shape closed.  When I click on the bezier tool, there are some nodes that need to be joined to other nodes, but that would mess up the shape.  I was going to try and delete them, but when I made the nodes visible, there were so many I could not tell which ones to delete.  Can someone help?  I am attaching the MTC file.

Comments

• MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
    edited March 2
    UPDATE:  I think I figured it out.  I went to the tool icon and did "fuse and weld" and it closed.  Was that the correct thing to do?  However, the strangest thing happened when I copied it and took it to PCS.  The little doodad that hangs from the top center did not all come over.  The right side of it was cut off.  I will attach the PCS file here.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,265
    edited March 3
    It difficult to tell without see you mtc file after you fuse and welding but

I seeing double line is a few places eg where  the toes are

I'm suspect you have shapes on top of shape in pcs

there are multiple paths in places in the pcs file

when line art it trace often a path for each side of the line is created if the line are thin sometimes those paths at normal views zoom they are so close the appear as one paths

Often it will be easier and less troublesome to recreate the design
    as this is a symmetrical design recreate half copy, paste, mirror, align and weld

I used basic shapes create the basic elements , manually traced the foot ,
    reused the crease shapes for you pixel traces so so maybe a little small for cutting
    I guess it took around 40 minutes

It could use a little tweaking and smoothing I've include the half shape should you wish to do that

Baby Feet Card recreated.mtc

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I just thought I'd tinker with you file again and had a idea flash

Tracing in at 300%

This also show just how traceing creates paths from each side of the lines in line drawings and secondly due to the zoom those line are spaced apart making it easier to edit further 

But also allow you to use function like this paths and node editing

But one technique I've used before is just decide to keep either the inside or the outside lines or even a mix of either or

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing ; Thank you.  When @Andy did tracing I never remembered him mentioning the double lines.  I never knew they were there. He may have mentioned it and I just missed it since I was late to getting started with MTC and PCS.  Thank you for letting me know that.  I will just need to zoom in better or just used basic shapes as much as I can.
    Well the increasing the size thought just came to me though I sure others probably have thought of that too over the years
    I'm not sure if I ever used the zoom to increase the size of the tracing result before

I been using the choose either the inside and outside line on other projects so it was sort a progression for that I guess

I may now have to revisit a few projects I abandoned due to getting a poor tracing result and being too detailed to recreate easily