We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Hiroko Pop Up Book

MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
edited February 27 in Off Topic
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Hiroko's Pop Up Card book or any of here precut paper kits?  I found this page I will link below, but the book is out of stock at the book company it linked to.
Link: http://www.geocities.jp/h_pdr/Shopping.html

It looks like you can order it here, even though it is out of stock, and if the publisher has any copies, they will send it and not charge you unless they have it.  Link:  http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/eng/fsc001?

Hmmm, I am not sure what to do.  I have never ordered anything out of stock unless it had a definitely date it would be restocked.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,265
    edited February 27
    I found mention on one page "This product is out of print and no longer available from the publisher"

Hopefully another edition will be printed I though I read it has been reprinted 18 time (over 35000 copies)

I think this maybe the official facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/HIROKO-231652880228404/

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,361
    She seems to offer an email address on the first one to order her book.  Have you tried that - it might be that you will have to purchase it from source.  Maybe @Crazy_Mr_Zing can help.  He seems to have a good rapour with foreign entities.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
    edited February 27
    @Di-lite Crazy_Mr_Zing found it on amazon.  I don't know why I couldn't find it. I purchased it for the cheapest new price, which was more that I really wanted to spend, but I still have some Christmas money left over, so Merry Christmas to me!  :)  I contacted the book store and they emailed me back and said it was out of print.  
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 678
    Oh my goodness @Meow!  I looked and looked for that book and I still want it too.  Now I just looked, again, on Amazon, and couldn't find it.  Any info you can share to help me find it would be most appreciated.
    Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,265
    Here the Link to Amazon
     https://www.amazon.com/dp/4795835438/

Perhaps Meow can provide more info as I didn't really make sense of it all
    I don't do Amazon

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    edited February 28
    @Charo,  I ordered one of the new ones this afternoon from that Amazon link that 
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing has given in the post above this one.  I will just give it here:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/4795835438/
    There are also some used copies, but I didn't want a used copy of this book because I was afraid that some things might be missing.  I ordered the cheapest new one.  I read the one review that is given and the reviewer says that it has a CD with it.  Now, I also emailed the book company I referenced in the first post of this thread and they responded and said that it was out of print.  But they emailed back later and said they had located two copies in one of their brick and mortar book stores (which are cheaper than the ones on Amazon), but they don't have a CD with them.  I am just hoping the one I ordered has a CD with it like the one the reviewer received.   It is projected to arrive between March 21 - April 10.  I will be waiting on pins and needles.
    Thank you @Meow.  And @Crazy_Mr_Zing I missed the Amazon link from Crazy Mr. Zing; got too excited about the possibility of getting this book I guess.  A while back when I couldn't get the book I bought her rose bouquet pattern.  It is beautiful and I successfully scanned in all the pieces and was able to thin lines on most pieces and get a good cut.  But I have to tell you It is very difficult to put together.  Even though there were instructions it still isn't done.
    Member 30818
    edited February 28
    @Charo ; I want this book for the ferris wheel and the carousel.  I have a feeling they will be very difficult to put together.  Together with the fact the the book is in Japanese,  I will probably struggle.
    @Charo ; if you get the book, I just found the video for putting together the ferris wheel.  Here is the link:  

I haven't had time to look and see if there are other instructional videos.
    @Meow that was very interesting.  This video makes it look SO easy.  By the way you were right in that the used books probably don't have the CD:  I checked with a couple of them and they wouldn't guarantee it and wouldn't even check as their books are in a warehouse somewhere.  Hiroko is a genius at slice forms.  I read somewhere that she was ill.  
    Member 30818
    @Charo I read a post on her facebook page where she mentioned an illness.  There doesn't seem to be any posts from her on there since 2017.  I hope she is ok.