We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

making single cut line from hand drawing

undecidedundecided Member Posts: 501
edited February 20 in Help for Make The Cut
hello all I have been at this all day.  I am try to find an efficient way to take childrens drawings, trace them into MTC (I also have SCAL4, but have never used it) and have a single cut line, rather than a double around the drawing lines.   don't want a background color peeping out to make the lines, rather i will be putting a pen in the zing holder and having it redraw the lines multiple times.  also i will be doing many of them, so redrawing them all in the program is not feasible. Iff you have any ideas how i can make this work work please let me know, I would really  appreciat the help
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,356
    would be able to attach an example image file
    are you going to print and cut but only cut the outline ?
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,029
    @undecided - when you trace anything that has "lines" in it, there will be a trace on both sides of the lines. To not have this, and only cut the outer edges, apply a Blackout:

Original image pixel traced

Traced image with cut lines showing - notice inside cuts, the red lines indicate where the cuts will be:

Traced image after Blackout, red lines show outer cut only:

You can apply Blackout Path when Pixel Tracing the image to get this same effect.

HTH
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,405
    Personally I would trace the drawings in as texture trace and use print and cut to do them - thus saving the pen part and only having to cut the outline.  That way you get a genuine copy of the original drawing.  Saves a lot of time and agro.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • undecidedundecided Member Posts: 501
    Di-lite said:
    Personally I would trace the drawings in as texture trace and use print and cut to do them - thus saving the pen part and only having to cut the outline.  That way you get a genuine copy of the original drawing.  Saves a lot of time and agro.
    true, but there are times when you want to draw on a new substrate, or make more than one ;)  but for scrapbooking that would be the way to go!

• undecidedundecided Member Posts: 501
    so I got in touch with sandy, what an incredible lady!  I am not looking for the coloringbook or pnc, as i want to use a pen in the zing :)  and so need a single line where the original line was.  "with this image selected, click on the wrench tool at the bottom of MTC and then select Thin Paths"
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!