We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Register problem with PCS [Resolved]

imcindycadeimcindycade Member Posts: 87
edited February 20 in Resolved Issues
The registration "accept" button will not work when I am trying to register. I had to switch computers and redownloaded the program. I can copy and paste into it just fine, I even typed it in to see if that would help and yes I did mouse paste as well as the shortcut ctrl V. How can I get this registered please? FIXED
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• imcindycadeimcindycade Member Posts: 87
    edited February 17
    OH, and yes, I have the registration number from MTC that I am using. FIXED
    Post edited by imcindycade on
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,195
    OH, and yes, I have the registration number from MTC that I am using.
    Does the reg code begin with PCS  ?
    reg code begining with MTC are for MTC

when you paste do the number appear in the box ?

I had something weird happen once I had difficulty pasteing in my reg code into PCS It seemed this was because my old laptop was using generic windows display drivers once I install the manufacturers driver it allowed me to paste ?
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    yes it begins with MTC... I am sure it is the right code. Yes, it pastes into the box. The "accept" button remains gray. I have tried the "rendering" hint one person found. I rebooted. I am at a loss.

edited February 17
    I thought all pcs reg code began with pcs

Its possible the accept button is grey because the code your entering in not a valid pcs code

You might have to begin a support ticket or email bryan for confirmation of your code
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    when you retrieve your code PCS sends you to MTC to use your code from there.

Got it. I went to my old email server. I had even asked them to send it there but I got lucky and still had a "draft" with the PCS number. MTC-PCS needs to fix the request registration link so as to get the PCS code rather than the MTC. 
    Thank you for you assistance.
    edited February 17
    Yes I think its the same webpage for recovering
    Are you sure both MTC and PCS were initially registered using the same email address ? If they were different only the code attached to that address would be sent

I'm not sure if PCS somehow validates reg code via the web server
    I would assume that may happen after the accept button ??
    maybe there an issue with the server
    recently there has been a few webpage problems

Do you have a computer with a registered copy of PCS on it

PCS has the same method of recovering the reg code for the software itself 
    as MTC does
    in help > advanced  select unregister
    the following message will display

paste the reg code from the clipboard  into a txt document
    take that txt doc over to the other PC and copy and paste
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,287
    ... MTC-PCS needs to fix the request registration link so as to get the PCS code rather than the MTC...
    @imcindycade - as mentioned above Popup Card Studio registration keys start with "PCS" and Make The Cut! registration keys start with "MTC".  The registration retrieval link will return all the registration keys under the given email address - whether that is a MTC key, or PCS key, both, or multiple of either or.  In your case, you used a different email address when you registered Popup Card Studio (than you used to register MTC), so you would have to use that email address in the retrieval link in order to get the PCS code.  Please let me know if you still need help retrieving the PCS code.

Bryan