We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Closed Path

sdken1sdken1 Member Posts: 30

I am working on a flip card and trying to make layers for the front.  I can get one half of the layer to close but I can't get the other. Any tips on how to make this happen?  I have attached the file.  I have the original Zing. 

I tried using the Bezier curves and straight line tool but I just can't get it to close.  I need to make a shadow of it because I am trying to make it smaller to layer on top.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,326
    edited February 9
    Is the the result your after

I assuming you created a shadow of the curved path
    as it appears to be a close path  it no possible to make connection to node that have 2 connections
    I not sure I understand why you created the shadow

1,use the node edit tool to break the very end nodes on each end of the curve
    2,then perform a break
    3,now there will be 2 curves
    4,select one curve and Cut (to temporarily store it on you clipboard)
    5,use the pencil tool and hold crtl to draw paths between the open nodes 
    6,paste in place to return the other curve from your clipboard is that paths is actually required?

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,501
    @sdken1, sometimes all you need is a better view.  MTC will let you enlarge the view quite a bit.  When you get up around 800 or so, you can find the tiniest breaks in paths.  Although, it can be a challenge to navigate the image at that enlargement, it can really help with tiny artifacts and line breaks. 

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!