We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Hooked On Stupid Little Houses

CharoCharo Member Posts: 701
Just because nobody is showing much of anything on the forum these days thought I would show what I just got myself hooked on.   All these cute little houses on pinterest!  They make nice holiday scenes; don't know what I'll do with all of them.  I must say they have improved my ability to PNC by leaps and bounds!
Member 30818

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,060
    Totally awesome!!!! Love them!
  • PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,134
    These are neat.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • daffeydildaffeydil Member Posts: 3,003
    Very nice!  For some reason I sometime get hooked on making boxes of all kinds.  I have to drag myself away from box making to come back to the real world.  Your little houses look like they are much more difficult to make than boxes!
    Sharon
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,374
    Wow they all look great

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
    They are fantastic Bev.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,407
    I think they are gorgeous - now all you have to do is make the roads and add a second villages on another tables and connect by rail.  LOL
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • nittany1994nittany1994 Member Posts: 22
    Are those all cut files you purchased?  How long does it take you (roughly) to put one together?  I have a friend going through cancer treatment that adores anything vintage.  This would be a wonderful way for her to pass some time!  Thank you for sharing! 
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 701
    Glad to see so many folks enjoyed my craziness and nice to know someone else gets hooked on crazy things..  @Daffeydil
    @nittany1994 Well no I saved pictures from pinterest, then pixel traced them into MTC.  The simple ones go together really fast, maybe 5 minutes? or less.  The ones with lots of pieces might take a half hour.  Guessing...  I've gotten much faster as I learned to "read" the patterns.  Probably took me a lot longer to clean up the files then it did to cut and glue the pieces together.  I would be happy to send you all my MTC files if I could figure out a way to do that; I think I've made over 50 of them now!
    @Di-lite the thought of a second village is really scary.  Already had to buy another shelf to put them on.  My husband is starting to complain about lack of space in our office.   Oh boy...
    Member 30818
  • Rosie0530Rosie0530 Member Posts: 3,108
    These are so cute! Great display!
    Rosie in VA. originally from PA. Proverbs3:5,6
    @Rosie0530 The "great" display was on my one little working table so they were there only for the photo.  Now they are all over the fireplace mantle and on top of a cake plate on entertainment center; the rest are scattered all over our office waiting for the new shelves to arrive.  See what an addition to paper will do for one's organization LOL.
    Member 30818
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
    edited February 3
    @Charo Those houses are so cute!!! What has happened to everyone on this forum?  I have been gone awhile myself, but a lot of people have disappeared.  Also, I noticed the webinars stopped.  Why did they stop?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,163
    Meow said:
    , , ,  but a lot of people have disappeared.  Also, I noticed the webinars stopped.  Why did they stop?
    @Meow Like anything - people come and people go - once Andy quit updating MTC and PCS several years ago now  :( and quit putting out plugins for new machines - you start to see less and less people coming into the forum.  As that occurred, people moved on to other things and quit sharing their projects and such here - that leads to losing even more people leaving and moving on to other things - after a while, you just get us die hards who cannot imagine not checking in on the MTC forum,  ;)  and others who drop in occasionally. The Webinars stopped originally to take a break for a month - then it was the summer.  The general consensus of the powers in charge at that time I believe was that without new updates and changes - pretty much anything and everything within MTC and PCS would have been covered multiple times in the years and years worth of Webinar videos that were already available.  As far as what happened to Andy and Bryan (I saw where you asked that on another thread) - Andy has a growing family he had to provide support for - last anyone had sorted out - he got a "real job" and seemed to loose his desire for these programs and/or had no time with his family and a real job.  Nobody knows for sure because nothing has ever been "officially" said here.  Bryan is still around (At least last I knew) - he pops in and out occasionally - and still does the trouble tickets I believe.  

Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • MeowMeow Member Posts: 584
    @MeFlick thank you.  I just hope the webinars never disappear from Vimeo.  They are invaluable are are susanbluerobots videos.
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 835
    @Charo Wow, thanks for sharing, those are totally awesome!  I get hooked on making things too, (I love 3D cards) there is just so much for me to learn still.  I love all the different designs for the structures you used, I saw you said PNC, is that "print and cut" or the 3D software?  If not print and cut, the papers you used are gorgeous, so creative!
    Sadly, I think a lot of people have dropped off because they bought the new machines, I know Diana (Di-Lite) has the new KNK Force along with quite a few of the other regulars, that uses SCAL so they may be into the FB groups that support those machines. 
    I really appreciate that @Di-Lite has not forgotten us here, along with a lot of the other regulars like Liz, Sandy, MeFlick, Meow, Leslie6111, Crazy Mr Zing, Meow, You of course, and all of the others commenting here also.  I don't have FB and cant afford a Force so I really do appreciate all the folks who are still active here.  Thanks for sharing, and thanks to all of you for keeping this alive here.  ~Diane
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,407
    I'm here for the long haul - I still have so much more to design and put up all be it in my Force Bazaar but they are all in MTC as well as separated out into svg so they are all accessible to you all.  I love the camaraderie and the fun we have sorting out problems here.  It keeps me thinking!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    @1cardcreator Yes I meant print and cut.  These were photos from the web so all I had to do was trace and print, no paper choice involved.  Fun stuff.  Although cleaning up the files for cutting was time-consuming...
    Member 30818
  • Mary212Mary212 Member Posts: 1,529
    @Charo,  love your little houses.  They don't  have  to  be   just for Christmas, think of all the sweet displays for other holidays.  Wish I had the talent you and Di-lite and others have.  Am in awe of all the nice projects you make.
    @Mary212 You are right about the houses having other uses than just Christmas.  I have them scattered among books and shelves and just about everywhere and loving them still.  The only "talent" these required was pixel tracing them in and then cleaning up the files.  None of them came with instructions and some of them boggled my mind; still have two that I just cannot figure out.  Di-lite is the Design Goddess in our world for sure.
    Member 30818
  • crazymagscrazymags Member Posts: 7
    This image brings so much memory, I used to have some little houses when I was still young. They are simply amazing. 
    @crazymags I guess a lot of us grew up with these little houses.  I thought I liked the old=fashioned putz houses but I like these more realistic little paper things better.  Does make me feel like a kid again, running around the house arranging these little things lol.
    Member 30818
  • debbiecaseydebbiecasey Member Posts: 415
    lovely great work
  • luvyabyeluvyabye Member Posts: 4
    @Charo ... I LOVE your little houses!!!
    Each of these house files is a separate MTC file but if anyone sees a house or houses they would like just send me a message and I would be happy to email the file(s).
    Member 30818
  • Nancy_Cre8iveCutzNancy_Cre8iveCutz Member Posts: 1,545
    Wow those look great!
    Nancy image image   image   image
  • bobbieczbobbiecz Member Posts: 501
    Awesome job!  Thanks for sharing your talent.

I think it's your turn for a video!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!