We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

New to Silhouette CAMEO 3, few questions

eprcvinylseprcvinyls Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone, I am brand new to this site, I have been searching for a good dedicated for the Silhouette Forum but doesn't seem to be one. I figured this might be as good as any... I have been looking top get a Vinyl cutting machine for many many years, I have always went to businesses to get stickers made for my automobiles over the year, used to be in a car club. we had club logos made and such. Anyhow, I have many hobbies and i would love to be able to make stickers for my cars and to put on whatever i might want to label, also i could make license plates and cups and mugs and such for my gal and her family and friends for Christmas and such. I would like to make a little money if possible. currently out of work between jobs so i have time on my hands. I have watched so many videos on you tube and came to the conclusion to go ahead and get a Silhouette Cameo 3 for now, get my feet wet learn more about this stuff then if it happens to take off well then get a larger machine later and let the better half have this one.. I havn't ordered anything yet. but i plan to the day i get my income tax money. I plan to order the combo off amazon.. i do not know if this site allows web links so i will just post what the one I'm looking at comes with.

• Brand New Silhouette Cameo 3 with Bluetooth, Touchscreen and 1 Year Warranty
  • 12 Sheets of Permanent Oracal 651 Vinyl - 12 Inch x 12 Inch Each, 12 Sheets Siser Easyweed Heat Transfer 12 Inch x 15 Inch (Other sellers ship have the size), Transfer Tape
  • Autoblade - Auto Adjust Blade to Match Cut Job Material, 12 Inch x 12 Inch Cutting Mat, Vinyl Trimmer, Ratchet Adjustment Tool, Hook Tool, Scraper Tool
  • 1 Month to Silhouette University, 1 Month to Club Silhouette, Vinyl Guide and Heat Transfer Guide by Sihouette School - Silhouette Studio V3, Online Cameo 3 Instructional Class - Reduce your learning curve and get crafting faster
  • 100 EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS, CUSTOMER SERVICE & PRODUCT SUPPORT, One month to the Silhouette design store worth $25 in downloads (Access during registration), Studio Software for Windows Vista/ Windows 7 or higher and Mac OS X 10.5.9 and higher, USB Cord, Power Cord 110V-240V.

I would like to do some T shirts also, I have a feeling my better half would end up wanting lots of t shirts made. I also would like to make a few myself.
I plan to purchase the 8 sketch pens also so she can do some craft projects.

I guess my question with this is do you feel the combos like this with the Vinyl and siser easyweed heat transfer worth it, or should i just buy the machine itself then buy that extra from else where.
I have found some places on amazon that has the 12"X5 or 6 foot Vinyls sheets they let you pick the colors you want.. From all i been reading Oracal 651 is the best for outside stuff and 631 is good for indoor stuff.

Also the Studio software i downloaded and been playing with it, trying to learn it.. It looks like the basic one doesn't give you many of the tools. is the Designer one really worth the upgrade or does the others give you a lot more you need.

Thanks for your time in reading this

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,190
    edited January 30
    Make the Cut Software has not been updated in many years it does not support the newer model cutting machines including the Cameo 3
    Therefore the are very for active members here that have this machine

Silhouette studio basic version is rather basic and restrictive, upgrade to versions that offer more functions are available at extra cost
    Sure Cut A lot a 3rd party also supports Cameo 3 and many other cutters a demo version is available from http://craftedge.com/download/download.html

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • eprcvinylseprcvinyls Member Posts: 2
    Being totally new to this stuff what is either one of those? i understand the name of the site is make the cut but not sure what it is? is that just a software people use with cutters?
    Thanks

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,836
    @eprcvinyls - Yes Make The Cut! is software that was originally way back in 2009 designed to cut to a Cricut cutter. That ended when ProvoCraft (owns Cricut et al) sued Make The Cut! twice. As time went on MTC grew and became a leader in non-proprietary cutter software supporting a number of cutter brands, Silhouettes, KNK, Silver Bullet and some others. As mentioned, the software has been stale for a number of years with no updates and not supporting the new models of cutters. The community has been going since 2010.