We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cutting an SVG image problem [Resolved]

JennGJennG Member Posts: 2
edited January 29 in Resolved Issues
Hello!  I am new to this group and so happy I found a place to ask all my questions :)  Right now I am trying to cut an image that I was emailed and converted to an SVG.  When I opened the image in Silhouette Studio there was a white box around the image and I was not able to cut the actual image.  The cut lines were just on the box.  Any idea on how to fix?  Thank you!
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,928
    edited January 28
    @JennG - sounds like the file was actually a raster image saved as an SVG file. You may need to trace the image. Select the shape, then Object => Trace => Select Trace Area => draw on the mat what you want to trace. It should recognize all the shapes.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,486
    @JennG, since you got the file in email and then converted it to SVG, perhaps you could upload it here and someone could help with it.  To upload start a message and then right above the text box you type into, you'll see one of the icons is a small black "page" with one corner folded down.  Click that and you should be able to upload your original file.  Also, if the file is something that you should not, or don't want to upload, that is fine too.  :)
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,130
    Just a quick note - it looks like you are using the Silhouette Studio program rather than MTC (Make the Cut (MTC) is a 3rd party software program for different cutters.  Are you using MTC or Silhouette Stuido to convert the file? 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • JennGJennG Member Posts: 2
    That is exactly what I needed to do!  I have never used the trace feature before.  Thank you so much!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,928
    @JennG - you are welcome!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!