We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

What do I charge for wall decal

SheriSheri Member Posts: 539
How much would a person charge for a 6"× 60" decal. I will be delivering it with transfer tape on it. Not sure how to calculate it.  I basically used up a 12"x 60" piece of vinyl and transfer tape.
Thank you 
Sheri

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,314
    Calculate the cost of materials and add 10% to that and then assess how much time you used to create it and add the hourly rate for that.  Now calculate how long it will take to put up and add the hourly rate for that.  Take an assessment of how much that all comes to and then tell them that is what it costs but you will give a discount of say 5%.  Make sure you calculate a real cost first.  I'm guessing this is for a friend.  Don't sell yourself short.  Your time is valuable and you should get a sensible remuneration for your talent.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • marsmars Member Posts: 1,118
    Here is a free online calculator - sorry I just saw your question today - probably too late for your current job.  Using your material used size of 12" x 60" price came up as $53.25 - probably didn't add anything for delivery time and mileage but does include material and labor and competitive profit figures. 

I have a commercial pricing program with my shop rate, material costs and labor costs programmed in and I came up with $56.00 using my variables.  Adding 30 minutes for delivery would make the total $89.00 - 

http://thesignexpert.com/sign-pricing-calculators/vinyl-calculator/

Discussions on pricing bring lots of different opinions - it's basically what your local market conditions will allow.  A mentor of mine told me if you don't ever get told you are asking too much for your work you are leaving money on the table - but if you often get told you are asking too much (or seldom get jobs you quote on) you probably want to rethink your pricing structure.

-Mike
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,790
    Like Mike said, its all dependent on your market. What someone in backwater country would pay is drastically different from what someone in metropolitan major city would pay. Competition or lack thereof can drastically affect prices. If you are not sure, ask the customer, what are you expecting to pay for this? If they say $30 and you think that is reasonable, suggest how about $35. or something similar. If they suggest something too low, you just say I can't make it for that. If it is higher than what you think then say well I could do it for $5 less. That always makes the customer happy. Eventually you will be comfortable with pricing. I am assuming Mike is a commercial entity (by the fact he has software to figure this out), so he has bigger expenses to consider. Someone doing something in their craft room is not in the same situation. You are basically getting paid for your the pleasure of doing your hobby. Hope that helps!