We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

New Cricut Maker Issue

ChantellLegerChantellLeger Member Posts: 3
I am having trouble being able to cut my designs on my new Cricut maker.  Is there an update I am missing?  TIA

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,869
    @ChantellLeger - the new Cricut Maker will absolutely not work with Make The Cut! MTC has not supported Cricut cutters for a long time as the result of settling 2 lawsuits. You will need to use the online software for the Maker, that is the only software that cuts to that cutter. You can use any software you want and export as an SVG file to upload to the Cricut cutting cloud.
  • ChantellLegerChantellLeger Member Posts: 3
    so how do i upload my MTC SVG files to My design studio?
    @ChantellLeger - Scrappy Dew has a video that shows you how to upload SVG files to Cricut Design Space. You cannot load .mtc project files, but anything in an .mtc project file can be selected and then File => Export => Sel to SVG.

• juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,868
    If you have a file in MTC, select all (Ctrl+A) and export as SVG (Ctrl+Shift+S). Go to Cricut Design Space at cricut.com  Click on Design> New Project. Click on the Upload icon at the bottom of the left toolbar in Cricut Design Space. Click on Upload>Browse, and find the SVG file you wish to use. Click on Open. Click on Save. Click on the design to select it, then Insert Image. Resize as desired. Right click to ungroup if you need to edit anything. Select shapes that include score line. With shape and score line selected, right click and select Attach. Click on Make It, and follow on screen prompts to cut the design.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,227
    edited February 28
    Circuit Design Space appears to use 72 dpi as the default for svg file
    Make the cut exports SVG files at 90 dpi
    So when you import a svg file created in MTC to circuit design space they will be 25% larger
    If you reduce the size of your pattern in mtc by 25% to 80% before exporting to svg they should import to Design Space the desired size
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SawdustSawdust Member Posts: 304
    That explains a few things! Good to know.
    I took the Short Bus to school because they told me it was "Faster".
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - I think your math is a little off:

"So when you import a svg file created in MTC to circuit design space they will be 25% larger
    If you reduce the size of your pattern in mtc by 25% before exporting to svg they should import to Design Space the same size "

- a 25% increase to a shape 10 x 10 inches is 10 * .25 = 12.5 inches, so now the shape is 12.5 x 12.5 inches

- if you calculate 25% of 12.50 inches that would result in .25 * 12.50 = 3.125 inches and 12.50 inches less 3.125 inches = 9.375 inches. So the resulting resized shape is going to be smaller than the original designed shape.

If you do the math the other way, ie take 25% of the 10 inch shape, off the 10 inch shape, you get a shape 7.5 inches at export. This will import at 25% larger, which is still leaves the shape smaller at 9.375. At least that is what my calculator tells me =).

Julie's method works well...no math required, just need to know what the overall size is of the exported shapes from MTC, and select all in the Cricut program (or other programs) and set one of the value, height or width, and done.

Yes/No?

If I calculate correctly, the amount to reduce the size of your shape is by 80% of the original size (with the Lock Aspect ratio in locked position) by typing 80% in either the height or width value, then press Enter. So now our 10 inch shape becomes 8 inches. When it exports and is imported the times 25% factor will add 2.00 inches to the overall size of the shape. 2" + 8 " and you get the original 10 inch shape.

HTH
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,227
    edited February 28
    Thanks Liz your correct 20% is correct
    So in MTC reducing the size to 80%  of the original would achieve that

Not sure if my maths as off , My Brain was Off or I bamboozled myself with numbers or that was a Typo ......too long ago for me to remember .. these days yesterday is too long  lol

The method I tend to use when I move SVGs between software or send files to other using other software is include a 1" square in the svg export . then it easy to check what size the 1" square has imported as and make global adjustments
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files