We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with Cricut Expression 2

Exp2galExp2gal Member Posts: 2
Hello!
I can not get my Expression 2 to be recognized by my computer (Windows 10).
It was working fine and I called tech support for a minor issue... now, weeks later, it will not be recognized by the computer.
I have tried lots of things, including a new cord, uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Cricut Sync won't work because the machine isn't recognized (i.e. in Device Manager).

Any advice from those who have BTDT (been there done that)?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,021
    @Exp2gal - since you are using an Expression 2 which is not and never has been supported by Make The Cut!, the software that this forum supports, I suggest you contact Tech Support again for assistance.
  • Exp2galExp2gal Member Posts: 2
    Okay, thanks!
    I just ran across this forum and thought it might be helpful.
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    Expression 2 will only be recognized on a computer via Cricut Craftroom. With new Windows updates, you cannot download Cricut Craftroom unless you set your Computer back to before October, 2017. Then you should be able to download it according to Cricut Support. My suggestion, if you wish to use 3rd party software with an older Cricut, is to replace your Expression 2 with an original Expression, which can be used with MTC v. 4.1.0 or SCAL2.  Or get one of the newer Cricut machines for use with Cricut Design Space, if you have tons of cartridges that you still want to use. You can create files in Make The Cut, export as SVG, and import into Design Space. Better yet, get a machine that is not tied to a specific software. Cricut machines are limited in cutting down pressure (except the MAKER), while other machines handle thicker and heavier media much more efficiently with more setting options.  If you need to get another cutter, be sure to check out all options for your specific needs. 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!