We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Brother scan and cut

SonnenblumeSonnenblume Member Posts: 1
Hello there. I have received my machine today and already did a cut.At first, I was all happy how easy the machine cuts but then I realized it cut through some of my leaves. I got this machine mainly to cut around my heat transfers, so I don't have to do it by hand.I selected the outer edge cutting after scanning.I wonder why it cut some leaves off. This is the wreath I was trying to cut( image is from my design software) Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,075
    @Sonnenblume - welcome to the Make The Cut! software support forum. Here you can find help for any of the cutters supported by the Make The Cut! software. The Brother cutters are not one of the supported cutters. So you will need to find a forum that does support them, Brother website has links to their forums.

That said, in order to cut just the outside, you need to tell the software not to cut the internal cuts, and designate the outer cut as what is to cut. For specifics on how that works, you should refer to a forum more appropriate.

Here is a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/141098073035403/
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    Unfortunately, Scan N Cut Canvas and the onboard software for converting images to cutting lines is extremely limited. There are work-arounds- but I have found that the best solution is to use 3rd party software for creating the cut lines. Personally, I have found Make The Cut to do the best job on this type of project. You can purchase advanced tracing features to use with Scan N Cut Canvas, but frankly, I am not willing to waste my money on a feature that should already be available in their software and on their machine.  You can create the cutting lines in MTC, select all, and export as SVG. SVG will import to your machine directly without worrying about the limited features of the Canvas software. You can background scan you design on the Scan N Cut, then line up the SVG file over the printed image while zoomed in very close. Or you can add a shadow layer to make a wider cut around the image. Using Direct Cut on the machine, you can add that outline to the scanned image. But if you want to cut out inside pieces, you will have better luck doing that in software. Or as some do, put an acetate cover over your design and hand draw where you want the machine to cut, scan that and save to the machine. Then background scan the image, and line up the cut lines around the scanned image to cut. I much prefer doing it the MTC way, and my hand drawing leaves much to be desired. 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!