We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Using my old Silhouette machine for MTC.

I have a new Cameo 3 and my old Cameo.  I have not connected my new machine. 
I am wondering if I can still use Make the Cut with my old cameo once I upgrade the Silhouette program to V4 and use the new Cameo 3 for silhouette files. I would only turn on the old Cameo when printing with MTC and have the new machine off. Does this make any sense? I am willing to purchasethe Business Edition if necessary.  TIA

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,328
    This maybe a question @juliefes can answer fully
    I'm not sure but I thought the issues were caused you had both applications MTC and SS open at the same time and these were overcome by simply shoutting down the either application

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,121
    Cameo 1 & 2 still work with MTC. Nothing has changed. Unfortunately, the Cameo 3 doesn't have a plug-in in MTC. You can still use MTC to design and export as a svg, which can be opened in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and up. This is exactly what I did when I bought a portrait. I eventually learned how to use SS and bought a Cameo 3 and upgraded to Business Edition, for all the features added in 4.1. I use SS most of the time now, but I still use MTC when I can't get something to come out right in SS.
    Live Love Craft
  • bonniehall3885bonniehall3885 Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the info.  Wonder if they will ever upgrade MTC.  I loved MTC and so disappointed they haven't upgraded the software.  I am going to do what you recommend.  Appreciate your help.
  • Calgalcre8sCalgalcre8s Member Posts: 2,899
    bonniehall3885 ... Just a comment on MTC. Even without an upgrade, I do  everything with this software and my Zing. The list is too long to mention them all: things like scrapbooking, card making, home decor, car decals, labeling (everything LOL), boxes, 3D projects and even school projects for my grandaughter are just a few of the numerous items I cut daily. It has been my go to software from the beginning as it currently exists. Don't give up on it and have fun.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!