We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Gazelle - - HELP

smoor04smoor04 Member Posts: 11
My Gazelle will no longer cut.  It is an old machine and I have been having trouble with it cutting for some time now.  I have tried to go to the Bosskutt web page and can't.  I have tried to call their phone number and it is no longer in service so I guess that means, Gazelle users are out of luck.  Now I don't know where or what to start looking for in a new cutter.  I had always been happy with my Gazelle and MTC. I don't use it often, maybe 6 or more times a year but now I have a project and no cutter.  Any suggestions as to a cutter similar to the Gazelle?  Any help would be appreciated and my project has to be done in a couple of weeks.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,290
    edited January 2
    You could try the bosscut forum although their seems to be little activity on there http://www.bosskutforum.com/index.php

This is the contact infomation as listed on the bosscut webpage
    Contact Us
    Phone: 573-364-7849
    Email: [email protected]

2301 Old St. James Rd.
    Rolla, MO 65401

This other disscussion has some positive news
    http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/45938/bosskut-site-down#latest

As for a new cutter Unfortunately Due to Make the Cut not being updated in some time it lacks the ability to directly cut to many of the new model cutters
    In some cases exporting from MTC to another software for cutting would be possible

Sure Cuts a Lot software is supporting many of the new cutters
    Not cricut for obvious reasons

Do you have a budget in mind and what material would you be wanting to cut
    Would you consider a used cutter ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,120
    I'm sorry to hear your Gazelle is having problems. Mine has been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years now. I bought a Silhouette Portrait specifically to do print and cut projects and ended up getting a Cameo 3 with Christmas money last year. You can continue to design in MTC and export as svg, which will open in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition and higher. The upgrade can be obtained for around $25 via Amazon or Swing Design (they have a coupon code too) and is a code sent via email. That is the route I went, at any rate. Good luck finding a machine you can be happy with.

I just looked, and as I type this, both Amazon and Swing Design have the Cameo 3 for $199.
    Live Love Craft
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!