We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Print, then Cut, Print then Cut to Print, Print, Cut, Cut

Robbie1983Robbie1983 Member Posts: 5
Does anyone know if this is possible;

I'd like to use the print then cut feature on a cutting machine. I'm cutting lots of A4 sheets each with multiple images on. 

Rather than create each sheet, print and then cut, I wondered if I might be able to setup each sheet and then print as a PDF (save this on my computer) and save the 'cutting' file using the software of the machine.

I'll then print out all of my sheets together and once printed, open up the 'cutting' file of each and cut one after the other. 

In in essence I'll be going from; Print, then cut, print then cut, print then cut to print, print, print, cut, cut, cut.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what would be the best machine to do this on?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,227
    What you wanting to do is possible
    I not sure if you have grasp the concept of print and cut but I too am not fully aware how print and cut is performed from cricut software I assumed they used reg mark as well

Included with the printed graphic are registration mark which allow the cutting machine to determine where the printed shapes are located
    On more manual cutter the user aligned a laser in laser pointer to reg mark located in 3 or 4 corners of the print out this allowed the machine to match up the print out and the cutting pattern
    Newer models use optical reader KNK orbit and others or in the case of the KNK force a Camera to read each reg mark

In the case of Make the cut and Sure cut a Lot software it would be unnecessary to print to pdf you could save your project in the respected software's own file type
    print  as many as you like for cutting now or later
    when you wish to cut them you would open the project and perform the cut
    As far as I'm aware neither program degrades the image print quality

Just a note as Make the Cut has not been updated for some time it lacks the ability to directly cut to many of the new model cutters so in some cases Print and Cut would either no be possible , would be challenging, or would involve exporting file to other Compatible software  
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,348
    edited December 2017
    I don't see the need of a PDF.  If I had a large number of pages to cut pnc I would print as many pages as I wanted and then cut each in turn using the reg marks to align in each case once the other setting were set up.  Obviously each one would need to have the alignment of the reg marks but otherwise it's off you go.  I get the feeling you are over thinking this one.  I am of course presuming you are using Make the Cut and a machine that you can cut direct from MTC.   Or using the Force with C3 or the Orbit. If not then I have no idea.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.