We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

reinstall cricut plugin

ChumbisChumbis Member Posts: 21
My software removed my plugin for my old cricut machine.  I thankfully had it saved along with the software.  I can't seem to reinstall it.  I don't remember it being so difficult initially.  Can someone please walk me through.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong and desperately need to make some Christmas presents. As you might have guessed I am computer illiterate.  I am using Windows 10.  thanks in advance

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,920
    edited December 5
    Have you installed the old version of make the cut ?

Do you know if the plugin you have saved is a .exe file
    if so right click on it and select run as administrator
    If I recall a message display saying the plugin was installed

If the saved plugin file is a .dll file you will need to locate the folder on your hard drive where make the cut is installed then place a copy of the plugin file in the plugins folder in that location
    typically the install folder for make the cut would be

C>Program Files>Make The Cut!

or

C>Program Files(386)>Make The Cut!

If all this sound a little complicated feel free to ask questions and we can take it from there

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • ChumbisChumbis Member Posts: 21
    i know it's .dll.  I will try it.  thank you