We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Non-cutting elements

Chubby_NinjaChubby_Ninja Member Posts: 51
edited November 30 in General
Hi all, can you place non-cutting elements onto the workspace? A bit like in Silhouette where you can make a line or shape a no cut line.
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,561
    @Chubby_Ninja - in MTC there isn't an option to assign a no-cut status to a shape. To manage that, you put the shape or shapes on their own layer, then hide the layer when cutting. So for example I hide the text lettering when cutting in a print and cut where I just want the tags I printed out to be cut. You can assign a no cut to a shape in SCAL.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,920
    edited November 30
    You can make elements that are inside a shape into the texture of that shape using texture snapshot

So you could add a line like in the left rectangle and do a texture snapshot of the rectangle and the line
    the result is on the right, the line is now part of the texture (fill) of the rectangle

MTC does not allow setting of line colour so
    rather than a line it may be better to use a think rectangle then you can could set the colour

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Chubby_NinjaChubby_Ninja Member Posts: 51
    Thank you for the replies, basically I create boxes for my partners 3D models, the boxes can be joined in unconventional ways so I'd like to be able to mark join points i.e. A to A, B to B etc to make it easier to understand how to construct them if I'm not around to explain. She generally likes everything to come from the base, but for efficient paper usage and effective design that is not always practical on larger/taller boxes.

I leave notes when I have time, but how I see things isn't how my partner see's things lol!
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,920
    You could use texture snapshot to add the a and b etc so the are only printable
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,201
    I would do a separate 'how to' on a second page (in MTC I would duplicate page) and then write directly on it and title it as info.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 791
    @Chubby_Ninja Not sure if this would help you, but when I am doing a large repetitive project like wording for Christmas cards or baby announcements, I do one Print and cut, and do not cut it, just print it out in duplicates on my printer, then carefully line the paper up exactly on my mat and cut the printed sheets.  It works out well for me and goes very quickly.  ~Diane
  • AngelicaAngelica Member Posts: 2
    A novel razor cartridge includes at least one non-cutting element disposed anywhere within a blade array between a guard and a cap and/or in a blade position of a frame providing skin/hair management. 

• Chubby_NinjaChubby_Ninja Member Posts: 51
    Di-lite said:
    I would do a separate 'how to' on a second page (in MTC I would duplicate page) and then write directly on it and title it as info.

I like this idea