We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How do I print text inside a circle?

I know I did this many moons ago but can't remember how to do it again.
I printed text inside a circle with half on the inside top and half on the inside bottom.    I have a saved file from a previous attempt, but now have no idea where to start.   Using old version of mtc 3.2.1. 

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,920

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I assume you using and outdated version of Make the Cut because your cutting to a Cricut ?

This video maybe be useful to
    Some people install the latest and the older version so they can design using the latest version and then open the file in the older version to cut to the cricut

Make the cut files created in the latest version can be opened in SOME older versions though I'm not sure at what version that cuts out at

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • dargusdargus Member Posts: 18
    For this project I only want to print.   So in the exmple I would need " Happy" text at the top but the " Birthday"  I would need at the bottom and letters right side up.   Hope I am making myself clear.   

I will just cut the circles using my big shot,  as I don't think I can print and cut.   The finished result should be a printed tag.    yes I am using an old expression  and old version of MTC, but while I am sure updates would be wonderful the cricut is still working fine and I generally know how to use MTC and my cricut to do what I need it to.    Thanks for any help.   Most appreciated. 

P.S. I have added a file from a previous attempt but have completly forgotten how I did it. 
    You would still use you cricut with the old version
    I idea of also having the new version is to take advantage of any bug fixes or improvement But if what you have works for you that all that matters

to do text 2 different ways you would use the wrap to path twice once for the happy then position that word then again for the birthday and position that word
    if you want a word to be upside down rotate it 180 degrees before you use the wrap function

• jesprattjespratt Member Posts: 51
    Draw a circle the size you want it, and type out Happy Birthday separated by glyphs. Then select the word "Happy" and while holding down the control key drag the word over the circle. When you see the cursor change from the arrows to a quarter circle with some shapes on it, drop the word. If it's not where you want it, use the sliders to move it in or out and left or right. If the letters are too close or far apart, you might have to go back and adjust the spacing before dragging. You might also want to see whether you like it better with warping selected. To get "Birthday" to end up right side up, first flip it right to left and top to bottom. Then hold down control and drag it over the circle and adjust it like you did with "Happy".
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,201
    I wouldn't worry about it being inside of the circle - I would get it to space properly outside the circle and then create another circle outside and join the two together and make it the size you really want!  There's always more then one way round a problem.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.