We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

New computer with Windows 10

I have MTC on a Windows 7 computer.  Will it work on Windows 10?  I can't find any documentation such as registration number etc.  I expect I downloaded it from the web when I bought it.  What do I need to do to download it onto a new computer?  Thanks

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    edited November 8
    Many user are using MTC on windows 10  with out issues

what cutter are you using?

To install the lastest version of make the cut download the installer and also the plugin to suit your cutter from Here

also install the ftdi driver from the Help>Advance menu in MTC

-If you have a register version of MTC operating you can extract the registration code from that using Help>advance>unregister make the cut

the code will be placed in you clipboard so you could paste it to notepad , word etc

-If you still have access to the email address that you used to registered mtc then you may recover the registration code here

-if not start a support ticket here

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    @skiermaggie45 - MTC works in all versions of Windows 10 and will likely continue to work with Windows for some time yet to come. Some users with very hi-res monitors have reported issues with the icons on the MTC toolbars being too small to read, but that issue was resolved by Microsoft in a recent Windows Creator version update. Ensure that you have all the Windows updates as well updates from the manufacturers of the components of your compute, eg video card, network card, BT, etc.

Mr Crazy has provided the links for this and that in his post, I would however go here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm and download the setup executable (exact link: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip) in order to be sure that you have the most latest update of this. MTC hasn't been updated with things for a long time so some of those links embedded in the software may be to older versions of drivers. You want to have the most recent drivers.

Your registration key would have come in an email from support at make-the-cut.com and the subject line along the lines of "Registration Key...", so if you still have old emails, perhaps it is still there.
  • Chubby_NinjaChubby_Ninja Member Posts: 42
    edited November 12
    There are several apps that can find registration details like Belarc Advisor and SIW, I generally use SIW to find software reg numbers.