We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo 2 Long cut Vinyl Problems, Need Help

It seem like if i want to cut something that is 2 meters long the vinyl seem not to wanna go straight, first 10-15 inches works just fine but after that it starts to go in another direction, so the guide line to the left infront of the feeding wheels does not have any function anymore. i just waster alot of material after trying several times with this design that i made, but the same result every time.. this sucks... 

I lined the vinyl up on a cutting mat to make a cut on the side that i feed in the Cameo to make sure its 90 degree angle.

Anyone know what i am doing wrong, if so... what can i do to make it go straight and follow the guide line all the way ?

Thanks... 

//

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    I not sure it this works with the cameo it something done on knk machines
    That is load the vinyl at the mid point ensure it straight and use the machine to roll it back though to the start point
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • HearGearHearGear Member Posts: 5
    i just run the Cameo manually to feed the vinyl to try to line up the 2 meters i am about to use in the cameo, its a big hassle trying to line up and feeding the vinyl back and forth 20 times and still its not lining up properly.. :( i dont like this situation at all, how ever the idea was great, i understand it.. but its a hassle trying to line this up when it is such long as 2 meters.. after 15 inch its going in another direction and trying to line it up is not easy.. :S
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,186
    Just a silly thought - use a slim ruler or cut a piece of card 10 inches long and the distance between the edge of the cameo and where you want to line up the vinyl.  Temporarily stick the alignment card onto the cameo and then line up the vinyl.  Remove before cutting.  Not sure if this would work but it might!!  LOL
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    Thats not a bad idea, i actually tried something like that, how ever, it was a hassle to spend 20 minutes trying to line up the vinyl, i really need to come up with something else to be able to do long vinyl cuts more easy than this... :D  
  • Chubby_NinjaChubby_Ninja Member Posts: 42
    Bit of lateral thinking here but have you tried reversing the vinyl, so the edge that was on the left put to the right, could you also cut the vinyl in shorter lengths, so instead of having a long string of words you have a stacked set of words? assuming its words you are cutting out.

Also what grade/brand of vinyl are you using?
    I have tried to reversing the vinyl, but the edge are the same on both sides, and it was not only words i was making, it was 2 meters of lines to so it was a combination of words and long straight cuts, i need to come up with a great idea to be able to line up the vinyl when it is long projects i am working with.. how ever... i did manage to get it to work after 20 minutes of hassle... 
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    One tip a read again i think also related to a knk machine was to attach several large spring type office clips ( we call them bulldog clips over here) along each end of the vinyl to ack as weights so to place a little even tension on the vinyl.
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Yeah.. thats a trick i know about, i actually have a friend that did that back in the days on older plotter machines, the Cameo has alot of tension in the feeding system so i think its not really needed with any bulldog clips.. but thanks for the tip.. :D
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    @HearGear - have you considered the possibility that the Cameo is not the right tool for the tasks that you need done? Your task sounds like something a production shop would be doing, and they don't, for the most part, use such small inefficient cutters (they are too slow) to get something done in a manner that is profitable for them. Just asking =).
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,391
    Unless you absolutely require one long piece with no breaks in it, I would suggest you use the Tiler feature of MTC to reduce the design into tile size pieces, which are much easier to cut out.  The Tiler is very precise.  After cutting it is relatively easy to reconstruct the total image from the tiles, with almost no seam lines showing.