We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Volleyball Trophy and Couple more Wood Items

MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,028
edited November 2 in Your Masterpieces
We don't seem to get much work shared on here anymore.  I'm just as guilty as everyone else.  Partially because I haven't been doing a lot of paper crafting in a while.  I picked up working on a scroll saw doing different things last year. (I lost my Mom last year after an extended battle with Alzheimer's so I took up a new craft, the scroll saw.) As a result, most of my free time has been spent since then on my scroll saw. (I have done some paper crafting though and would never give up my cutters and I still check in here everyday at least once or twice.)

Many of the patterns that I have been using for the scroll saw are ones already done by other artists specifically for the scroll saw.  However, I have created a pattern or two using MTC.  So I thought I would share here a couple of things I have done in MTC and then cut in Wood.  A couple are pretty simple, they are from when I was first learning how to cut with the scroll saw.  One is a football shaped Trivet with the Power T for the Tennessee Vols and the other is a Mickey and Minnie cut into a heart on a simple stand.  The last one is a Volleyball Trophy I just completed for my daughter who is finishing up her Senior season of Div. III college VB.  I created the VB Trophy pattern based on a similar idea I got from one with a hitter.  Since my daughter is a Libero (back row, different colored shirt) she is the one always throwing herself around on the court to "dig" the ball.  I felt this image was more fitting for her role/position she has played since she was 12 years old.  (She will be 22 in a matter of days so for 10 years!) 

If you would like to see some of my other work with the scroll saw, I have a gallery of images on a scroll saw forum which can be found here: http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery/album/688-meflick39s-work/
Again, these are all from purchased scroll saw patterns.  Some are Intarsia work, some are puzzles (great for learning to cut on the lines!), others basic fretwork. The original VB Trophy with the hitter was also one I did for the other Senior on the team and can be seen in that gallery too.

Scroll saw patterns can easily be converted to paper crafting patterns with MTC and paper crafting patterns converted to scroll saw work. I had shared in the past several scroll saw patterns I had used with my cutters to create paper items, unfortunately it seems while those threads are still here - the photos are now missing.  Some of them I need to try with the scroll saw now.

Thanks for looking.
Go Vols!
Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)

Comments