We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

My vinyl and transfer paper is a few years old. Is it too old to save somehow? It hasn’t worked yet.

VhancockVhancock Member Posts: 1
My vinyl and transfer paper is a few years old. Is doesn’t seem to work. However, I am just beginning. Any ideas to re-activate it?

Answers

• pixelpusherpatpixelpusherpat Member Posts: 305
    @Vhancoc,  I'm no expert, but some of mine that I am using right now ( vinyl ) is over four years old.  I t works; but I have to Really rub it down.  The transfer roll end that I got at the same time is Extremely sticky when I try to separate the vinyl after weeding.  It also seems to leave streaks of its glue behind for me to clean up.  Sooo, I just switched to a roll of clear shelf paper.  It is working OK so far, as long as I'm not leaving it on the stencils for over a week.  Hope that helps some, until one of the Gurus chimes in!  Pat in Kent
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,391
    @Vhancock, my only suggestion would be to buy more.  Try to get some professional transfer tape.  Look on the USCutter site, the H&H Sign site, the Specialty Graphics site and the Sighwarehouse site.  Try to find a good deal on transparent transfer tape, in the size you need.  Clear transfer tape with a grid printed on it is also helpful for alignment.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    @Vhancock - I just used some HTV vinyl of unknown vintage. All I know is that I bought it through a buy share on this forum from like 2010-2011 timeframe. It worked great!!! Very pleased, cut beautifully and transferred awesomely.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,391
    @Liz_A, was the HTV stored rolled up?  I have some that has been rolled for a long time and I'm thinking that it is toast.  As in, "un-curl-able."  :)
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,028
    Gabe said:
    @Liz_A, was the HTV stored rolled up?  I have some that has been rolled for a long time and I'm thinking that it is toast.  As in, "un-curl-able."  :)
    Gabe, all my HTV is stored rolled up unless its scraps I've kept that are too small to roll up.  You should be able to uncurl it enough to use it.  I regularly tape HTV down on a mat to help hold it as well.  I wouldn't give up on it until you try it.  You can lay some heavy books on it to help with uncurling for example.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,099
    What cutter do you own and how much experience do you have cutting vinyl?  Also, describe what led you to believe that it might be too old.  
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    All my vinyl is stored rolled up.