We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Re-sizing Name of Fonts

CharoCharo Member Posts: 603
Is there any way of enlarging font names after they are permanently installed in MTC?  Some of them come in so tiny they can't be read.
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    I'm not sure but it you remove the check from "show type face" they become easier to read but that also that makes them more difficult to choose which font you like
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 603
    Thanks @Crazy_Mr_Zing that helps a LOT.  I can always re-check once I find the font.
    Member 30818
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    edited November 1
    @Charo - text created from fonts land on the mat at the size that the caret is set for (that red I beam that displays on the mat and where things will get put). The default for that is 1" so if you have changed that default then that is why the text shows so small. To make it bigger, increase the size of the Caret Size option. 

If that is not the issue, you can use the slider thingey to the left of All Glyphs and Show Face options on the text tool to increase the view size of the font.

Hope something helps!
  • HappyCrafterHappyCrafter Member Posts: 2,652
    @Liz_A ;  Sliding the bar doesn't make the names appear larger, it just shows the glyphs larger.  If I understand correctly, @charo wants the names to appear larger.
    As long as the bicycle wheels are still turning, life is good. Sharon in North Central Idaho
    @HappyCrafter - I think you may be right. The answer would be to change the monitor resolution, as I believe that is what controls the size of text when it belongs to a program window. I am not using a hi-res monitor at the moment and i know that this problem was symptomatic of issues with Windows 10 and hi-res monitors and programs like MTC that haven't moved with the times. Zoom the text level should help.
    The font displayed typeface size seem to vary between fonts

The tiny one under Cambria is Cambria Math

Odd that in word there is a similar variance but Cambria Math seem not effected

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - so those fonts Cambria Math that you see, are not the same font. MTC is loading the TTF - true type font and Word is loading the OTF - Open Type Font - which are two different font types and with the OTF being the modern font and preferred font type by Windows and MS products, it has way more metadata (information) in it than the TTF font. So go check out these two website pages to see the differences:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenType - for open type fonts and this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueType for true type
    Ok that may explain why the size between MTC and Word is different for that font
    I jumped to a conclusion they were that same

I found something that I think may be the answer
    I'm thinking maybe its a dpi thing... not sure ?  is there such a thing as points per inch

The fonts different in size eg 12pt in one font appears not to be the same size in 12pt in another
    for example
    In the mtc list  daunpenh and david typeface size differs

in the font file preview it appear the the size quite different between them
    eg 12pt size

The Sure Cuts alot lists the title in non type face and the example in typeface which makes it a little easier to see the title but not much different to choose from the typeface example .
    Going through the library window maybe easier

I guess you could do similar in MTC expand the main tool bar and scroll through the fonts

I found a little more useless info
    it appears the actual size of point (Pt) has varied in size in history there has also been several differing standard use until the arrival of desktop publishing

"In typography, the point is the smallest unit of measure. It is used for measuring font size, leading, and other items on a printed page. The size of the point has varied throughout the history of printing. Since the 18th century, the point's size has varied from 0.18 to 0.4 millimeters."