We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Sharp SVG cuts

maryannstricklandmaryannstrickland Member Posts: 5
I'm having a difficult time cutting sharp images...I don't know how to correct it.  Could someone advise me please.  Thank you so much.

Comments

• maryannstricklandmaryannstrickland Member Posts: 5
    Also, why do I have this ugly little guy with the eye patch as my profile pic?..Did I do something wrong?

• jesprattjespratt Member Posts: 50
    To change your profile pic, at the top of the page where it says "Make the Cut Forum" click on the menu icon to the left of that (the 3 stacked bars) and then select "account". Then long press on the current profile pic and it will give you the option to upload your own picture.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    edited October 23
    If you mean the look low resolution on the screen the maybe the image caching option is enable the lower the quality of the images displayed on screen to reduce the processing load on you computer it has no effect of the image quality actually printed to your printer

Should you wish to disable it; Click Help > Advanced > Advanced Settings and uncheck enable image caching.

Be aware the this may cause you computer to stop responding if the image you're working with is larger or of high resolution. 

If this doesn't answer you query please reply with what you mean by cutting sharp images ?

Also, what machine are you using?

Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    edited October 23
    @maryannstrickland - if you have imported a graphic image into MTC, it will "degrade" the visual of the image to conserve resources so that MTC can continue to work - it does not degrade the actual image. MTC was never designed originally to work with raster graphics, so it does a poor job. Degrading the visual helps so that MTC doesn't crash as easily when working with large graphics. To see exactly how the graphics will print go to File => Print Preview. This shows the graphics at full resolution. Also, you can see how they will print by choosing the Contrast option for the Mat Configuration.

If you are printing and cutting the graphics, and you are experiencing a ragged edge, then that may be the result of using graphics that are too low in quality, so that when they are resized or stretched, they become pixellated and cause the ragged edge. So if you were screen shotting images from web pages, low quality images will result, and you get a bad cut. You need to start with good quality raster images.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,028
    It isn't clear from your question as to what you mean when you say "I'm having a difficult time cutting "sharp images".  Crazy_Mr_Zing and Liz seemed to have interpreted it that you were referring to trying to do a "print and cut" image and that the "visual" of your image(s) were low resolution.  I initially interpreted it to mean that you were getting "sharp" cuts like on corners.  If you can clarify what you are referring to perhaps we can better help if it is not a "print and cut" image you are asking about.

You had asked about "resolution" back in February shortly after you joined the forum in this thread:
    http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/45038/resolution#latest
    several people replied on that thread but it doesn't look like you ever came back and replied to the suggestions offered there so I'm not sure you ever saw those replies and if this is the same issue you are now asking about.

The image on your profile is a default one that the Forum software assigned randomly when you first joined the forum.  It stays that unless you choose to add your own image as many of us have chosen to do. jespratt explained how to do that in her answer above. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)