We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Popup Card Studio

Can anyone tell me if it is possible in PCS to make diagonal folds/cuts.
As in the attached example.

Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,527
    The PCS expert is @SusanBluerobot, haven't seen her for awhile. Her website is http://www.susanbluerobot.com/. I am going to suggest no, but if anyone could work the magic it would be Susan.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    edited October 21
    To my knowledge diagonal folds are not possible in PCS
    the mechanics of the card are tied to x y or z axis

I think this type of popup is based on the asymmetrical V-fold mechanism

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,348
    edited October 21
    This might be possible, but you cannot do it solely in PCS, you also need MTC. If you check back to a webinar that Bryan did of a skewed building , He demonstrated perspective warping into a trapazoid. You can take a pcs file and export it as a svg and import it into mtc. So if the fold lines are horizontal and the then do a perspective warp of the svg in MTC into a trapezoid. You have to draw the trapezoid and then make sure when you lasso the svg you have the warp handles showing , I think we had to have either the shift key or the shift ctrl or command  key when we dragged the svg over the trapezoid. It only works with parallelograms. 

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,881
    V-fold mechanism are all about angles
    I think your might be able to create a regular 90 popup in PCS and the modify
    one thing the MTC lacks is the ability work easily with angles so it might not be the best choice

not yet sure about what angle should be was but hope you the idea

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files