We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cutting a large image to span multiple page [Resolved]

memcternenmemcternen Member Posts: 2
edited October 20 in Resolved Issues
Pretty new to this whole cutting machine thing. I was wondering if and how I can cut something to span over several pages? I'm needing a tree that can fit on a tri-fold display board.

TIA
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,891
    edited October 20
    Is the Tree just a cut out shape or is a image of a tree you plan on printing and cutting

The tiler function can do this on just plain shapes
    if the tree is a actual image its possible but a little more involved

I think there a video its also in the user manual

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,891
    here is the video

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,034
    Hello and welcome to the Make The Cut software support forum. Since you note you are new to this whole cuter thing, and just joined the forum let's first clarify a couple of things. The Answer Mr_Crazy_Zing posted above is a tiling feature that is provided in the MTC software program who's support forum this is.. if you are using MTC, that probably works for you. However, you didn't note what cutter and software you are using. If not MTC, let us know the cutter and software you have.

knowing the cutter and software, someone else may have other suggestions for you or can point you to other sources for better help. (I always ask this when new people first post and it's not clear the cutter and program as many do a google search and find our foru, and assume it is a generic cutter help forum which in is not. Knowing this for the person raising their question, and knowing their cutter and software helps to get you the best and quickest help.)

if if you are not using MTC, you may have a cutter it works with. Even if MTC does not work with your cutter, it will let you export out to other formats like SVG, so it may export out to a format you could use with your cutter and program. However, you would need to buy MTC in order to use it to do so. It is also possible that your program has a similar feature, or there would be another way to do what you want to do. Once we know the cutter and software you have, we can try to give you more info. or point you elsewhere.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • memcternenmemcternen Member Posts: 2
    edited October 20
    oh yay! thank you! Its just the shape of the tree so this will work perfect! Thank you thank you!!

Sorry for not leaving specifics. I am using MTC. I will make sure to include more info in the future. I appreciate the assistance