We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Accurate template

Lucas240Lucas240 Member Posts: 2
Ok, this is likely a simple question to answer. Fortunately, I have a patient longtime customer that I am making a custom set of side stripes for on his 2015 RAM 1500. I am wondering what people are doing to make accurately sized decals that follow the factory curved body lines? I have taken photographs with my own camera and I have also tried searching for pictures online with a side view that I could use my measurements to design the graphic over. I have even purchased 2 different vehicle blue print sets. With the images, they are inaccurate due to the lens distorting the image. For instance, If I take a photo of a measuring tape the closer to the edge of the photo the more distorted it becomes, an inch in the middle becomes nearly 2 inches depending on how close the camera was to the vehicle. The blue prints are not precise enough as they are focused only on wrap designs which have a decent margin for error when applying the printed wrap, roughly within a 1/4". The reason I need them to be precise is the stripe follows the factory body line of the vehicle. I have a set on the truck but they had to be "massaged" into place. I am also looking to sell these online which is why doing that is not an option as the customers cannot simply do a basic install.
 I have searched every phrase I can think of and 99% of the time the search results are relating to vehicle wraps or basic designs like lettering. I am currently using Adobe Illustrator CC 2017. I am hoping there is a simple solution that I have overlooked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!