We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Talk to me like I'm a 5th grader - from the beginning

I have had my Zing for a long time, BUT have not used it.....AT ALL! I have no idea how to cut.  I just want to cut, right now, 3"x3" squares from a 8.5"x11" card stock paper.
Can someone just tell me plainly how to do this before I throw this machine against the wall??????

Thank you.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,811
    edited October 10
    Do you have a copy of the user manual
    The user manual set out step by step how to use your cutter
    I afraid there no way to avoid this step
    If you have any questions ask here we will help
    If you done all that and performed the practice cutting tasks
    and this is a MTC design question we can help with that to

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,464
    @pamipoo - follow Crazy Mr Zing's suggestion, and read the User Manual. It has step by step instructions.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,151
    Follow the manual as far as you can and then shout if you need help.  Plenty of people to help here - don't let it beat you.  If you can't get it to do what it says you should do after two tries ask.  You have a lot of friends here willing you on.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,345
    Once you follow the manual and get your cutter working here is a 3 inch square file
  • BrendaSBrendaS Member Posts: 734
    @pamipoo As everyone else has said go through the manual step by step.  It is very well written and easy to understand.  In many sections there are video links which are very useful if seeing rather than reading is your best way to learn.  Something that Sandy McCauley has said on many occasions is that you will make mistakes, don't be afraid to make mistakes, don't quit if you make a mistake--just learn from it.  Once you get going, you will have fun.  Good luck
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 766
    @pamipoo, have you figured it out yet?  I'm not too good with manuals myself.  If you still need some help I would be happy to do a 2way Skype call to help you get started, we can both see each others machines and what we are doing.  Once you learn a few basics your confidence will help you learn the rest.  Good luck and let me know.  PS if you respond using @in the beginning of the name that person will get a notification that you are talking to them.  I wrote this to @Pamipoo so you should have a notification.  Good luck, I hope you get it going. ~Diane
  • pamipoopamipoo Member Posts: 8
    Ok so Cry_Mr_Zing, thank you for your advice and the link to the users manual - when I click the link, it comes up "blocked", so here I am. A few months ago I copied a 300 page "KNK ZING and ZING AIR with Sure Cuts A Lot" document. Is THIS the manual you are referring to?
  • pamipoopamipoo Member Posts: 8
    Sorry I meant @Crazy_Mr_Zing - not Cry......
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,811
    Sure Cut a lot is a different program to Make the Cut

I assumed you were using Make the Cut since this is the Forum for Make the Cut ?
    Try this link to the Zing User Manual Page
    If you using Make the Cut I would recommend choosing
    Zing and Zing Air with MTC User Manual – PDF Format

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,011
    Since you are struggling with the Zing cutter, and the manuals were written by Sandy, let's call her into the thread @SandyMcC . Not sure why you would be blocked from the UMs on her site. Perhaps your anti-virus software is blocking it for some reason. Unfortunately your title of the thread doesn't really indicate what you need help with so she has probably missed this thread.

We do need you to clarify, are you trying to use the Make The Cut software (on who's support forum you are on) or SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software since you indicate that is the manual you were trying to download.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,064
    I can't imagine why anyone would be blocked from my site. It's certainly not something I would do intentionally to anyone.  Can you bring up the home page?

http://www.iloveknk.com/

Also, when you say you "copied" the manual, I hope you just mean downloaded it? 

Finally, I agree with the need to clarify which software you're using. I have Zing manuals for both programs on the same page at my site.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,464
    If the link is blocked to Sandy's website, then its on your end. Are you trying to get there from a work location? A business may block users from visiting what they consider to be nonviable websites - ie ones that are not required for their employees to do business, other than that it could be overly stringent settings on a router or firewall. Try googling I LOVE KNK and click to Sandy's site from a link there. If you are using Chrome and antivirus, it may give green checkmarks for websites that are checked as safe.