We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

inport a file to mtc and hand tile

Hi I have been trying to make a poster, ( cowboy) and follow instructions to tile it, but nothing works, in one part of instruction it say to  colour the   pic  first then add rectangle over it so I don't get two fronts, but the pic turns the colour but no pic
any help as to why .
debbie c

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,151
    Any chance of the file or a screen shot of MTC open with it in?  I'm not sure what you are trying to do - are you trying to divide the picture into four pieces to cut larger?
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,151
    Another thought are you trying to colour individual parts of the picture?
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,345
    edited October 9
    Tiling in MTC is a specific function so your words are very confusing. It is used mostly by people that do vinyl work to subdivide their cut files into smaller sections so that they can make a big wall vinyl project - there is no rectangle edition in this function. You just add the dimensions and the number of sections you want and the program does the rest. On the other hand to merge a rectangle around a group of shapes is a different process. If you post your work to date we can better see what you are wanting to do. It might involve boolean join or it might be a shadow of a rectangle and a merge - there is no telling, there are many ways to accomplish this. Just putting a rectangle on top of your other shapes in contrast mat - you won't even see what is on the bottom - if you change your mat to say green then you will - but MTC is a vectorizing and not raster program - all the shapes your see are cutting paths and every shape will be cut out anyway. If you only want to cut only the outer rectangle - then put it on the bottom layer and then select texture snapshot will make the inner shapes into a texture or raster image. You might lose some of the outlines if you do not shadow them first.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,811
    Where are these instructions you following ?
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files