We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with gypsy

lollielollie Member Posts: 1
hi thanks for accepting he to group I bough a cricut gyspy second hand I tried to link it to my cricut design space but it says it was linke to another cricut so how do I change it to mine or is a a total loss ???

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,811
    edited October 4
    As current version make the cut no longer supports the cricut machines those cricut users are not so active on this forum

You may find you get a quick answer to your question by asking in a dedicated cricut forum forum or facebook group or asking cricut support directly

I found this info here
    Is the Cricut Gypsy™ device compatible with the Cricut Explore™ and Cricut Design Space™ system?
    Cricut Explore works in conjunction with Cricut Design Space™, which is cloud based software. Cricut Design Space™ is compatible with all content that has been linked to a Cricut Craft Room account. While the Gypsy is not compatible with the Explore machines, and there is not a direct way to link a Gypsy with Cricut Design Space, if you have linked your Gypsy to your Cricut Craft Room account, you will be able to access your Gypsy-linked cartridges within Cricut Design Space. In Cricut Design Space, you can find your linked content from Cricut Craft Room by opening the “Insert Images” window and using the filter menu in the upper right corner to select My Images (if you are searching All Images) or My Cartridges (if you are searching Cartridges).

How do I repair my Gypsy?
    At this time, Gypsy repairs are not available due to a lack of supply of the components needed to repair the machines. If you need to repair the Gypsy so that you can uplink Cancelthe cartridges on it to your Cricut account for use with your Explore machine, please contact Customer Care through one the options below for assistance.

Also Found this info not sure how current it is
    scroll down to the second last message there's some info on how change the ownership of the gypsy
    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Scrapbooking/BUYERS-BEWARE-Gypsy-s-Cannot-Be-Resold/m-p/2686228#M104524

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,011
    While this forum is for the support of the software program MAke The Cut, I use to have the Gypsy product from Provocraft and gave it to my sister years ago. That was before you could link it to your Design Space account however. But, as I understood it, it was the same as the cartridges, once linked to one account, it cannot be transferred to another so unfortunately, I think you are out of luck. I would try to return it to the seller as non functioning as sold. If you can't do that, you could try calling PC support and seeing if there is anything that can be done.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)