We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Anyone do stencils?

artsie1artsie1 Member Posts: 1,451

I'm wanting to make a stencil with the C cut out but I need Cummins to stay hooked to the box part. Any help please? Thanks!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,559
    @artsie1 - both the capital C and s in Cummings need to be anchored to red space around the big C. The dot on the eye will fall out, so people usually break the i apart and lower the dot so it sits on top of the main part of the i. Hope that helps.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,919
    edited September 26
    What is the intended use of the stencil ?
    is it for single use or multi use ?

One way would be to create small bridges connecting the letters
    a quick example

Another way would be to using adhesive vinyl cut the pattern then use transfer tape to transfer the stencil to then weed the waste out
    Stencil can only be used once

Transfer tape ( or application tape) is a low tack adhesive sheet material you apply to the front of the vinyl
    you them remove the vinyl backing sheet and apply the stencil the object
    once in place you the remove the application tape
    then weed out the stencil

Alternative to actual transfer people use are book covering vinyl or the low tack painter tape although personally I think the proper tape is much easier to use
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • artsie1artsie1 Member Posts: 1,451
    Thank you very much; I think I've got it!!!
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,398
    @artsie1, please show us a picture of the solution you found.  Thanks!