We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut Freezing Up

karenmarekkarenmarek Member Posts: 40
I know that Cricut isn't supported here but its more of a cricut thing and someone who has experience with this may have some suggestions.

I have an Expression and it just started to freeze up and I got the following:
"Your Cricut machine has frozen up and is not responding.  Please restart your Cricut machine and try again.  If this continues, please select a slower cutting speed.  If selecting a slower speed doesn't help, please move the USB cable to a different port on a computer.

If moving the USB cable to a different port doesn't help, please try using a (different) high-grade USB 2.0 A/B cable.
Make sure your Cricut Firmware is updated to at least:
Cricut Expression 2:34 (my firmware is correct).

I have did the reset 3 times (rolling the dials, resetting the red button, waiting) and it will work for a cut or 2 and then the same thing :( 

I was at a garage sale last week and saw an Expression for $80 with lots of supplies,...maybe I should have jumped on it.

Any thoughts?

I was cutting from MTC.

Comments

• karenmarekkarenmarek Member Posts: 40
    edited September 17
    Now I'm getting a message "PCCPlugin" An error occurred (0x000003E3) when trying to communicate with the target device.
    The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

The previous message also started with "PCCPlugin".  Does this have to do with something in MTC?

I have several MTC project that I designed and am trying to cut to make t-shirts this weekend.
    Post edited by Gabe on
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,916
    edited September 16
    I don't think I could even guess what could be cause this
    What version of Make the Cut are you using ?
    and what version of windows ?
    Have you been able to this setup trouble free before and now just all of a sudden this issue is occurring
    Does this project differ from other is it more detailed ?

A search of the forum for "Your Cricut machine has frozen up and is not responding" brings up a few very old discussions

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • karenmarekkarenmarek Member Posts: 40
    I have both versions of MTC and use the older one when it is time to cut with the Cricut.  I have never had any problems before and the design is very simple.  I have Windows  10 and have for a long time.

I will see if I can use the Expression as a stand alone but I'm thinking since it says its a PCCPlugin in issue that it is MTC related and not the machine.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,916
    edited September 16
    Check to see the pccplugin.dll file is still in the plugin folder I've read of people suspecting there antivirus program removing it

I'm guessing your not using a version that from before MTC used seperate plugin files
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SheriSheri Member Posts: 538
    Mine just started to act up today. I am in the middle of cutting 100 sayings to put on 4x4 tile. It would cut good for a few times and than it would lock up. Never had it lock up before. I need to get these done. I know I should get a new machine but dont really know what to get there either. Where do you go to check the plugin as mentioned above.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,554
    @Sheri - you might also want to check the file you are cutting, some fonts can make for big files. Select all shapes and try Flatten Paths.