We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC freezing a lot

My MTC is freezing quite often. I'm running on a MAC with OS Sierra. See attached backtrace. Please help as I am a seasonal business & I'm at my busiest time!!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,037
    What cutter are you using?  I'm going to assume a KNK or SB line because that is all you could use from MTC on a Mac.  With the SB line, you would have to cut using the KNK Maxx selection.  If I was running a business, I would look at getting the SCAL program for the Mac.  Its relatively inexpensive and should pay for its self quickly. While I love MTC and it pains me to tell others to look elsewhere, the reality is that MTC hasn't been updated in years. It has not had new cutters added.  It does not run native on the Mac, and thus you tend to have more issues with it on the Mac side.  SCAL is being regularly updated, it has cutter plugins for most all of the cutters presently out there, and the Mac version is native to the Mac OS.

One possible issue with MTC on the Mac is that you may need to adjust the Data Throttle.  I think @SandyMcC may have that covered somewhere in one of the manuals perhaps.  She has also written a SCAL UM now so that would help anyone who wishes to learn to use it.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,919
    What are you attempting to do when MTC freezes
    I use windows but
    attempting to trace and import texture on a large or very high dpi image can cause issues with MTC
    Fuse and weld seem to cause issue with some designs as well
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • heatherMheatherM Member Posts: 22
    It freezes upon opening.
  • heatherMheatherM Member Posts: 22
    Don't think cutter is a factor because it freezes immediately after I open it. Once I get a project done & get to the cut, it's fine. But I usually have to close & open & even restart my computer on occasion to even get started.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,348
    edited September 18
    When my copy of MTC on my mac starts to crash a lot then I do a clean reinstall (using the app cleaner to get rid of any remnants of MTC) and that seems to fix it for a while. If my computer freezes alot or seems slow then I use the disc utility first aid. First aid is an apple utility and it came with my imac under disc utility in the launchpad. Melanie's suggestion of the throttle is a good one - since I do not cut from my mac - I use a pc for my zing and c3 for my force - I have not had to adjust the throttle. If you are accessing a very large file like a line drawing,  then mtc will tend to slow and freeze - but if it simple then I would definitely go thru the trouble to reinstall.