We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

cutting to KNK Maxx 24 from MacBook Air SLASH issue

USING MY MACBOOK AIR TO CUT TO KNK 24". IT GOES OK A LITTLE WHILE, SKIPS PART OF THE DESIGN WHILE SLASHING DOWN AND TO THE LEFT THEN STRAIGHT UP. THEN IT RESUMES CUTTING NORMALLY BUT LEAVING A GAP IN THE LAYOUT AS WELL AS THE SLASH THROUGH IT.
THE PROGRAM SEEMS TO BE REGISTERED, I USED THE KEY AND THE REGISTRATION OPTION IS GREYED OUT.
THE VERSION IS 4.6.1 AND HAD WORKED WITHOUT ISSUES PREVIOUSLY AS FAR AS I KNOW. ARE THERE ANY KNOWN ISSUES WITH LARGER FILES? ie I'M CUTTING 66 IDENTICAL PIECES FROM A 22X28" SHEET AND EACH ALSO HAS A DASHED SCORE LINE BUT I'VE CUT STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE NO PROBLEM FROM WINDOWS.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,461
    @Vnsshbrt - have you inspected the file to see if there are stray nodes? Typically you would select all and see where the bounding box is. What happens if you take one of those shapes, make a new file and then duplicate them to replicate your file, does it have the same problem?

One other suggestion is to increase the threshold for the program, that allows more memory to be used by MTC.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,374
    I am not really a Mac person, even though I have a giant iMac I have to use at work.  That said, MTC needs to use a "helper" program to work on a Mac.  I forget the name of it.  But that means you also have all the settings for that to be right also.  Maybe someone who use MTC with a Mac can address that part of the equation.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,461
    @Gabe - when you run the MTC program on a Mac, the helper app - which is Wine, an emulation program - is built in. The user noted that things were working normally previously. I am suggesting, based on that info, that it could be the file itself. Not the first time that has been the source of the problem.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,374
    @Liz_A, maybe I misunderstood.  I read it as they had been working on a Windows machine with no problems.  Once she or he switched to a Macbook the slash showed up.  If that's not right, my apologies to @Vnsshbrt.
  • VnsshbrtVnsshbrt Member Posts: 102
    thanks for the input. back at work right now but thats a good idea to copy to a new file. maybe something funky. and yes it had worked on the macbook inititally i'd thought. and when i selected a portion of the file to fill in what was left of the wrecked paper that had worked. so the stray node is very possible.
    just wanted to double check there wasnt a known issue as i've left things late (again, lol) to get ready for a craft sale and didnt want to kill too much time on tech issues

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,064
    edited September 13
    This is a Data Throttling issue. You'll need to keep adjusting the settings until it no longer does that on your cuts.
    Post edited by Gabe on
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/