We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette blades

Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,630
It's been a super long time since I e crafted or been here. I got burned out and stopped crafting. I recently unpacked my cameo and silhouette sd and upgraded the SIL Software and reinstalled MTC. About the only thing I want to cut is vinyl now.
I had bought this click holder from thatscrappin and I bought blades from Elkins Creek. Can anyone tell me what type of blade to buy to go with the click holder? It's been years since I placed an order with them. I hope I can remember how to do some basic vinyl cutting and weeding.

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,201
    I'd either buy from ebay or go on line to the Silhouette shop and get their blades.  They come in a holder that has numbers on it that you rotate to set at the cutting depth you want.  I guessing vinyl would require a very light touch so I would start with the blade at 1 and pressure very low and cut a small trial icon to see what changes you need to make.  I use to cut direct from MTC as I didn't like the Silhouette software but that's me.  Other get on with it with no difficulty.  I'm sure others will be along shortly and bring you up to speed on this particular issue.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Rhoda JayneRhoda Jayne Member Posts: 1,630
    I gathered up all my cutting supplies and I have some of the silhouette ones too. I used both of them when I was cutting. I just don't know how sharp any of them are now since it's been so long since e I used any of that stuff.
    my first projects will be to decorate my pressure cookers! Thank goodness I still have a roll of black vinyl.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,919
    I'm think some of the others will know of the click blade holder you've mentioned

If you could put up a photo of the holder that may also help them confirm this

Use this button to attach the image

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,201
    Well I hope it all goes well and look forward to pictures of the results.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,113
    If I'm not mistaken, it uses the same blades as the Cricut Expression did.  I have been looking for that blade holder, as I sold the one that went with the Expression when I sold it.  I have been using a the silhouette blade, but that is expensive to replace.  I bought a CB09 blade holder and blades and need to get it set just right and then I'll be cutting like butter. :)
    Live Love Craft