We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help! Sticking to the mat

ginamackginamack Member Posts: 1
Hi could anyone help me as my cuts are sticking to the mat, I'm literally having to scrape them off :(

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,804
    edited September 10
    What machine are use using ?
    Positioning your material so the rollers roll over can lead to the material sticking down. 

The stickiness required varies depending on the material you're cutting. 
    It takes a little practice to be able to judge.

It's also important the adhesive is applied evenly. If it is uneven it can lead to cutting issues.

A method of reducing the stickiness of your mat is to lay a old t-shirt on it and roll it down with a brayer or a rolling pin then peel off the shirt.
    The idea is to transfer lint off the shirt which makes the mat less sticky. 

When a mat begins to become not sticky enough rinsing under tap water can rejuvenate the sticky.  

Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,344
    Try some undue.