We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

HTV Glitter [Resolved]

karenmarekkarenmarek Member Posts: 37
edited September 11 in Resolved Issues
I just got my Heat Press Nation Heat Press.  I have heard that glitter HTV will shrink.  A few years ago, I made a word design and then shadowed it and did something that the first color fit into the base color.  When I attached using the iron.....glad those days are behind me, the design shrank and I had a hard time lining up the inside color.  I know that glitter won't stick to glitter.  I have seen video for silhouette studio on how you can I think they said off the design to allow for the for shrinkage.  I am not sure how to do that in MTC.  I hope that I have explained what I am trying to do so someone understands me.

I see about of info on how to do stuff in Silhouette and Design studio but I don't use those programs.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,888
    edited September 9
    As the king of the Typo I think you might have made one

"I know that glitter won't stick to glitter.  I have seen video for silhouette studio on how you can I think they said off the design to allow for the for shrinkage."

I don't know much about HTV maybe thats why I'm not understanding

The only thing can think of is you want to create the shadow then end up with 2 parts but rather than the inside fitting neatly inside the outer
    inside is overap the outer by a tiny amount

If you can add the link to where they show how to do something in silhouette we could show you how to do that in MTC if it possible
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • karenmarekkarenmarek Member Posts: 37
    Thank you for your reply.  Glitter HTV doesn't stick to other glitter HTV at least permanently.  I did some research and saw a video Julie did with knockout.  I did an experiment and made a copy of my word, made a shadow and then did a boonlean join which looks similar to your last picture.  I'm almost there.  I want more distance in between the outline and the inside of the word if that makes sense - so kinda like nesting with some space in between.

edited September 10
    I think it will depend on the shape of you design as shadowing can tend to smoother the small design of some shapes 

So you may have to experiment with the setting to find the one that best suit your design
    As you are want the shadows to match each as close as possible I think i would unchek  Auto simplify output

the are 3 corner option rounded , mitre , bevel
    the vedio below explain this

Say you want a gap 0.02"  
    create a shadow of your original 0.02"  (shadow 1)
    Then create the larger shadow what every size you wish (shadow 2)

Now select (shadow 1) and (shadow 2) and Join

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,030
    Note, all HTV will shrink whether its glitter HTV or plain HTV.  That needs to be taken into consideration anytime you are layering it. That is why when doing layers, you need to apply the first layer just enough to get it to adhere and lift the backing off so it doesn't shrink too much.  The longer you press, the more it will shrink and you will have alignment problems.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Thank you both!

Great video.  I picked up a few new tips. 

That work Crazy_Mr_zing

edited September 10
    The are many videos demonstrating the various functions of mtc many are included as video links in the user manual

also this link it for Sandy's Videos

For more advanced or unusual techniques many of those have been covered in webinars which can be a little more challenging to track down

This discussion contain information about the Webinar indexes

I tend to prefer search via the method described in this discussion Finding Webinar Topic Via Vimeo Search