We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Transferring MTC & Popup Card Studio to new Computer

nannan Member Posts: 462
Can you tell me how I go about transferring my MTC & Popup Card Studio to a new computer?

I'm giving my Zing to my girl friend and I need to give her the MTC & Popup Card Studio software, too. They're are currently on my laptop. I won't be using them anymore.

Thanks!
Nan

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,037
    Unfortunately, the End User License Agreement (EULA) that you agree to when you activated the software says you cannot transfer ownership of the software to another person.  That is standard with all software programs pretty much.  As a result, you can give the Zing to your friend, but she would need to purchase and activate her own copies of the software.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • nannan Member Posts: 462
    We jointly own the computers are are just changing the desktop location to her studio for her convenience sake I don't think we have a legal issue we just need to know how to do it technically.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,559
    edited September 1
    @nan - download the software, the plugins from www.make-the-cut.com, and the FTDI drivers from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm, and install them on the other computer. The software can be installed on any 2 computers, as long as they both won't be using the license at the same time.
  • nannan Member Posts: 462
    Thanks so much!