We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Does MTC have a "nudge button" equivalent like SCAL???

VgerVger Member Posts: 3
I really like MTC but my daughter came over to use our new Cameo 3 for a project and asked where the "nudge buttons" were.  She uses SCAL with her cutter.

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,461
    @Vger - MTC does not have a nudge function. You can however, select shapes and then use the arrow keys to move the shapes UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. The distance of a single press of the key is approximately 0.0104 fo an inch. This is likely considered a nudge distance. Hope that helps.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,064
    The default nudge in SCAL is also 0.01" but you do have the option to make it much smaller. Most users don't know to adjust that so I'm guessing that the regular arrow increment in MTC will the be same as what @Vger 's daughter is accustomed to using... but, there's a chance it's not.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    Thanks, @SandyMcC! I don't recall having a nudge button in any of the graphics software I have used over the years. In one program, after selecting, you used the arrow keys to move selected items in small increments, or hold the SHIFT to move in slightly bigger increments, or hold SHIFT+CTRL to move in even bigger increments. It was so useful, as I would keep track of the number moves I did in order to do very detailed work without have to use the mouse so much.

MTC does support one of these combinations, press and hold the CTRL key while using the arrow keys to move in slight larger increments, eg, instead of the 0.0104" increments, it moves in 0.2083" increments. These keyboard commands are much more useful to me, rather than having to take my hand off the keyboard to find and use the mouse to click buttons, I am already there by the quicker use of keyboard commands. Nice that SCAL caters to the mouse users as well. However, it all falls down when you move to an app on your phone, LOL!!
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,270
    Liz_A said:
    @Vger - MTC does not have a nudge function. You can however, select shapes and then use the arrow keys to move the shapes UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT. The distance of a single press of the key is approximately 0.0104 fo an inch. This is likely considered a nudge distance. Hope that helps.
    When the virtual mat is at 100% or less zoom, the arrows move the selected shapes approximately 0.0104 inches.  When you zoom in higher, the movements are smaller.  At 1000%, the arrows move the selected shapes approximately 0.00104 inches (about 1/10 of when the zoom is at 100%).  If you hold the control key down with the arrow, it moves 20 times the distance of a single arrow movement.
    @SBryanW - thanks for the additional detail!