We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut svg help please

KimblackKimblack Member Posts: 1
I have been using my cricut explore air for almost a year now with no problems. I usually buy my files from etsy. But over the past month suddenly when I download a file from etsy it isn't saving correctly. I keep getting the same message "you have chosen  file that isn't supported". This message is coming up with some of the of files too. What is going on? I tokk my computer in thinking that that was the problem but my computer is fine!! Please help!!

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,919
    Just to confirm your using Make the Cut Software ?
    Is the file your download a SVG file sometime files are provided compressed eg a zip file and therefore require uncompressing before you can access the SVG

you should be able to view svg file in you internet browser that may help confirm the are not corrupted in some way
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,037
    Kimblack said:
    I have been using my cricut explore air for almost a year now with no problems. I usually buy my files from etsy. But over the past month suddenly when I download a file from etsy it isn't saving correctly. I keep getting the same message "you have chosen  file that isn't supported". This message is coming up with some of the of files too. What is going on? I tokk my computer in thinking that that was the problem but my computer is fine!! Please help!!
    Just to confirm your using Make the Cut Software ?
    Is the file your download a SVG file sometime files are provided compressed eg a zip file and therefore require uncompressing before you can access the SVG

you should be able to view svg file in you internet browser that may help confirm the are not corrupted in some way
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum Kim.  Since you just joined the forum yesterday and this is your first post, and you mention that you are using the Cricut Explore Air machine I am going to answer @Crazy_Mr_Zing and say you are not using the Make the Cut software.  You cannot use that cutter with MTC.  That cutter requires you to go online to use PC's proprietary cloud software to cut with.  While you could take an SVG file exported out of MTC to their cloud software, it does not sound like that is what she is doing.  It sounds like she is buying SVG files from different easy stores and is recently running into a problem with downloading and saving the file.  What is not clear is where in the process she is having the problem - is it in downloading the SVG file from the Etsy store its self, or if it is when she tries to open that file in the PC Cloud software for that cutter?

Since this is the MTC Software support forum, you won't find a lot of help/information here with that cutter platform since it doesn't work directly with MTC and few people here have that cutter and/or their cloud software.  The best and quickest help would be to contact Cricut support via their contact information and/or find a Facebook group or others that support working with that cutter and their software.  Their is no support forum for the Cricut platform as PC in their ultimate wisdom shut that down several years ago now.  If you do Facebook, you can search for Groups with the Cricut Explore and see if they can best help you.

If the error you are getting is when you are trying to import the SVG file into their cloud software (which I am guessing is where the problem is) then there is something about those files combined with their software that is the problem.  You will need to either have Cricut help and/or the person you are getting the files from to help you resolve that issue.  I don't know if they have changed something about the way they import files perhaps.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • PaperVinyl123PaperVinyl123 Member Posts: 5
    Do you have a program that can read the files? You might want to download a free copy of inkscape, or reinstall yours if you already had it. It sound like this is a problem with either the download or windows if I understand correctly, you're not yet into DS when the issue happens. 
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,559
    Don't forget, etsy is a huge community of sellers. Just because you bought svg files from anyone on etsy and didn't have any problems does not mean that buying from a new person on etsy guarantees the same results. Not all svg designers are good ones, there are way too many people doing this that are very inexperienced.