We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing suddenly leaving drag marks

NomerNomer Member Posts: 2

Hi -

I've been using my Zing to cut card stock (I think around 140gsm).  It worked perfectly when I did test cuts and again the first time I did one of the pieces needed.  Since then it's been leaving more and more drag marks on the card where the blade/blade holder isn't retracting when moving between some cuts, lifting between some but not all. 

I've tried a different blade, different blade holder, playing with the blade height and the blade holder height (25 post-its).  I've made sure the rollers are clean, and used a new cutting mat.  It's been the same design each time.  I've also tried doing only a small part of the design and that doesn't make any difference.

I'm trying to get a present ready for a friend who is in palliative care, so I don't have much time to do this. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks!

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,334
    Is your cutter a Original Zing or a Zing Air

So the blade is down where it should be up ?
    if so that sounding like the data belt may have failed
    the data belt is flexible cable that connect to the carriage and controls the blade holder up and down

Might be best you Open a support ticket

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • NomerNomer Member Posts: 2
    It's an original zing.

I'm not 100% sure if the blade is always meant to completely lift between cuts or only partially lift - I've never really looked this closely before. I do know that for some reason it isn't lifting enough between some cuts and that the frequency of dragging is increasing when I try different settings to see if I can find a solution.  

Thanks for your help.

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,000
    edited August 2017
    @Nomer - are the discrepancies consistent....ie if you run the cut with no blade holder, does it miss in the same spots every time for the same cut? 
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!