We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Does Silhouette Cameo 2 or 3 work with...

a1jomamaa1jomama Member Posts: 91
Does Silhouette Cameo 2 or 3 work with MTC?

Best Answer

Answers

• a1jomamaa1jomama Member Posts: 91
    edited August 21
    I'm about to buy a silhouette Cameo 2 or 3, but if not MTC compatible..then I don't want to get it. So please let me know if either one works with a 2 or 3. Thank you! :smiley:
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,725
    edited August 22
    There a is plugin for the Cameo 2
    I think but not sure there may some limitations with regard to print and cut in regard to mat orientation I'm sure a cameo 2 user can clarify this

There have been discussions of cutting to the Cameo 3 from MTC but the position of the cutting is incorrect and use of the 2nd tool is not possible
    Silhouette have made some improvement in their studio software with version 4 unfortunately they still don't allow import of svg in the free base version
    Ironically this appears to make cutting from MTC via SVG export to a Cricut machine a more plausible option 

Make the Cut has not been updated for some time so compatibility for newer machines eg Cameo3 , KNK Force, KNK Zing Orbit has not been added so is non existent or limited at best
    Considering this it might be time to place a cutters suitability for the required task ahead of whether it is compatible with make the cut

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,417
    @a1jomama - you can purchase the Business Edition of Silhouette, and that version I understand lets you import SVG files to cut on the Cameo. You can use MTC to do your design work, then export as SVG for cutting with the Silhouette program.
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 27
    edited August 22
    All three Silhouette Studio upgrades, Designer Edition, Designer Edition Plus, and Business Edition, accommodate importing SVG files. The Business Edition also exports in SVG, JPEG, and PDF formats (excluding designs purchased from the Silhouette Design Store) in Studio Version 4.1, which was launched as a public release on 8/21/2017.

Post edited by gll5613 on
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 157
    edited August 23
    @gll5613 - Your information above are correct but there is an easy trick to save a shape purchased at Silhouette Design Store as SVG file. As the shapes from Silhouette Design Store already have a cutting line (perfect contour), you only need to trace the shape again, and then save it as SVG file, without any type of restriction. Try it and let us know the result!