We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Fancy Cake POP UP

Is there a tutorial or a template for this style of cake? I have been trying to use a shape that i imported but im still new to PCS. :(
cutting with a 24" maxx air

Comments

• MendyRapaCatMendyRapaCat Member Posts: 498
    Thank you for sharing!
    I love my 24" Blackcat and my Cameo!
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 710
    @dhchick  SusanBluerobot has a tutorial on her web site, along with a whole bunch of other ones, all of which are wonderful.
    Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,381
    edited August 2017
    Ok I think that would be rather involved I think it would be easier to re create for scratch

I'm sure Susan has some video but I also recall Andy made a video using the flip crop and also maybe crop to clipboard
    maybe it was byran
    Was it when you @charo was having problem with a similar cake card ?

it would help it you attached the PCS so I can see where you up to
    the sizes of these segment seem a little small

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing Mo I was referring to Susan's basic birthday cake how-to.  But I remember Andy showing how to make a similar wavy design with someone's mouse eating a cheese cake.  I think Susan did a webinar with a wavy birthday cake too but I have no idea where they are now....sorry.
    After arriving at the shape as you showed in your last photo they set snapping to 1/4 inch, then copied that shaped piece, moved to next plane, pasted the shape and increased it by 1/4 inch.  I am probably not describing this very well.
    Member 30818
    @dhchick There is a birthday cake file in PCS gallery; the shapes are simple rectangles but it will give you a starting point to start making your more curvy shapes.  When I was new to PCS it was so helpful to have a file to start with...
    Member 30818
    My way wasn't a very good method really
    I always forget that it makes things easier if you can size components so they match snapping options and if you and make maths easier its a bonus

so i altered the bottom acchor component a little cut it in half and made it so the top edge that where it meets the cake to form the hinge for the anchor to  0.25" also the height ot 1 "though that's not so critical 
    also note the total width of 0.3899"

In pcs created a stepped arch 8 step total of 16 steps at a width of 4" so each step has a width of 0.25"

move to the front most vertical anchor plane

Paste the shaped anchor form MTC

Lower it to the bottom and change the x position so the left edge aligns with the centre my card is 8" wide so I  set x to 4"

copy the anchor and paste then select the copy mirror it and change its x position to 4" less the width of the anchor shape so (4" - 0.3899")  = 3.6101"

copy both of these anchor shapes

hold shift and ctrl the arrow down to move to the next anchor plane on the stepped arched
    paste
    check again snapping is set to 1/4"
    select the left anchor shape and press left arrow once to move it left 0.25"

select the right anchor shape and press right arrow once to move it right 0.25"

select both shape and move to bottom on Z order

after this it a matter of repeating just increase the arrow across by one each time

the front most anchor and then be welded together
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    oh and now i realised i could have did a far less complicated way
    if i began with the 2 halves i could and centred and lover the rather the mirror image etc
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!