We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Overlay color change

tallen139tallen139 Member Posts: 7
Can someone tell me how to erase the areas not required, such as in the cutout of the 0 and the overlayed section of the cap be a different color  in the letter or number?

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,804
    It helpful if you can profile the mtc file

Not sure if I'm understanding what you want the end result to be
    is this print and cut or a vinyl layering ?

to change the colour of a shape select the shape or shape right click and choose change color > select color

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,344
    edited August 12
    I think you are asking about a knock out effect - the cap black and the " senior and 2018 " a different color. That is accomplished by a Boolean join difference. You can only Boolean join 2 shapes at a time. the cap is not a joined shape so you'll have to fix that first and make sure the bottom of the cap and the top are welded together. Also is the tassel to be a different color? It is overlapping the cap some.
  • tallen139tallen139 Member Posts: 7

trying to make it look like this

edited August 12
    So hats shape is cut out of the silver lettering correct ?

so it would look like this and below what it would look like if you broke it apart

As Leslie you hat shape has issues
    at the least you need to select the hat and the tassel and weld

So it would resemble something like this

you could use boolean join but as boolean join will only work with 2 shape first you need to select all the text and do a join to make one shape

you also need to creat a copy of the hat as when you boolean join the hat shape will be lost

hold shift & ctrl and click the hat

now select one of the hat shapes and   do a boolean join difference

there are several option in boolean join rather than explain just use the drop down to select the one that has the desired effect

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • tallen139tallen139 Member Posts: 7
    I didn't join the text, let me try that and work with it some more.  Thank you!!!
    edited August 13
    if it not working for you attach the MTC file so we can see what your working with

here is a video that show a few other options

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on