We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Blade not making contact with material on select letters/objects of cut (Zing)

Hello,
  I'm experiencing the following issue any feedback/tips would be greatly appreciated:

Zing will start cut but will not cut certain letters or portions of an object.  For shapes/letters is does cut it cuts through the material; however for certain parts of the cut the blade housing lifts up like it does when it moves from object to object in between cut and trace the letter/object it is supposed to cut but not make contact with the paper.  The blade housing will also lift up mid cut and not finish a cut of the same letter/object.

I have tried the below to fix the issue:

1)      Shut down/restart MTC

2)      Shut down/restart Zing

3)      Delete object to cut and redo

4)      Moved object to cut to different location on virtual mat

5)      Change blade

6)      Checked positioning of blade housing

Thanks!

Comments

• BrendaSBrendaS Member Posts: 734
    Hi, I had a similar issue almost 2 years ago and I want to see it was a belt causing the problem.  You will need to contact www.knkusa.com and explain the problem, they may email back with some questions.  When they contacted me, I was offered the choice of purchasing the replacement part and installing it myself or shipping my Zing to them to do the work.  We needed a soldering iron, some screw drivers and I think we may have used a needle nose pliers.  My husband is pretty handy and we had instructions with pictures to do the job.  If you would like, I can see if I still have the instructions and message them to you so you can see what is entailed.  Hope this helps.